Hey, I already own an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and it's beautiful. Only problem is, I like to tune my guitar all over the place. Sometimes even to Drop A. But since my current guitar isn't set up for those lower tunings it sounds really muddy, and the strings slap around a lot. It just doesn't sound good at all. However, I don't wanna change my set up cause I love the way it sounds in the higher tunings, so now I wanna get a 2nd guitar and set that one up for the lower tunings. I am kinda on a budget, so I'd like to find a good guitar within the price range of $200 - $500. I play mostly metal. Sorry if the post is kinda long haha, but can anyone help me out?
I've heard scechters are good for that
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen
flip a coin like the rest of us...
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
There's no right answer...just go try out a nuch of guitars!!its fun
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think
Used Schecter C-1 Hellraiser. The EMG 81/85 combo will work great for metal. You could probably snag one for $500. In fact, I see one now for $400 on craigslist.
Creator of the Llamastack

if you were going to tune that low you definitely need a large scale guitar. in my opinion drop A on a 25.5" guitar will sound like a big fart coming out of your amp. you, my friend, need a baritone. you can still have them in standard tuning, you just might run into a couple intonation issues. but if you keep it a whole step down or so you should be golden.

my suggestion would be to look for an old MMM-1 mike mushok ibanez guitar on ebay or something. it's a string through neck through design, and looks awesome (i think). check them out. like i said, as long as you're above a step down or so you'll be ok with tuning, and anything below that you can tune the epi to pretty easily. the short scale on that epi must make something like drop A interesting. here's the mushok model. they aren't in production anymore, just btw, so thats why i say check ebay out

Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Quote by LifeIsABullet16
if you were going to tune that low you definitely need a large scale guitar. in my opinion drop A on a 25.5" guitar will sound like a big fart coming out of your amp. you, my friend, need a baritone. you can still have them in standard tuning, you just might run into a couple intonation issues. but if you keep it a whole step down or so you should be golden.

my suggestion would be to look for an old MMM-1 mike mushok ibanez guitar on ebay or something. it's a string through neck through design, and looks awesome (i think). check them out. like i said, as long as you're above a step down or so you'll be ok with tuning, and anything below that you can tune the epi to pretty easily. the short scale on that epi must make something like drop A interesting. here's the mushok model. they aren't in production anymore, just btw, so thats why i say check ebay out

Hahaha yeah, my guitar tuned down to drop A sounds like total crap. Yeah, my epiphone would be left in the higher tunings, I think the lowest I would go would be Drop C# or Drop Db (whichever you prefer, I say Drop C# usually, but a lot of people seem to get mad at me or somethin for saying that haha) so I don't think I'd tune the baritone up to standard. Do you think I'd be able to find that guitar or another baritone within my price range though? From what I've heard Baritone's don't usually come real cheap, even from ebay and places like that.