Hey guys. Ive got this old Ibanez and I love its tone to death. I think the old electronics in it maybe outdated and much more likely to create feedback, but I dare not replace these awesome sounding circuits. What can I add to it to make it a bit, less hummy/feedbacky. Ive heard about putting foam around the pickups and in the trem or something like that. Clarification on that and recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

Afterwards, Han Solo said "Great shot kid, that was one in a million!"
I like to use my .45 carbine.
take it outside.
talk to it calmly get it to be at ease
and make sure it doesnt see you raise the gun
make it go out with dignity
bump yo
Quote by Twist of fate
Once, I watched Star Wars episode 4. I timed myself so that I came right when the death star blew up.

... add a noise canceler to your pedal chain.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
probably belongs in the GB&C, but, you could always shield the cavity, rewiring should change the tone. Maybe even get new pots and a jack
i use a boss NS2 noise suppressor and it works great! Its kinda expensive tho, i got it for 99.99 +tax
GB&C?

I was thinking of guitar modifications by the way. Saw a video of Paul Gilbert, apparently Joe Satriani told him to wrap the pickups in foam before installing them to make them quieter and such. Can anyone clarify?
Quote by Twist of fate

Quote by zeemonkey
I was thinking of guitar modifications by the way. Saw a video of Paul Gilbert, apparently Joe Satriani told him to wrap the pickups in foam before installing them to make them quieter and such. Can anyone clarify?

Personally, I don't see how it could hurt.
Putting some shielding in there coudn't either.

Out of curiousisty, what kind of Ibanez?
Last edited by Sir Anonymous at Aug 21, 2009,
its an ibanez 540r radius
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFC48vdIzKE

Not me, but same model, year and finish.

its not white or cream. its a mother of pearl sunburst.
Quote by Twist of fate

ha! i even see my old comment on that video when i bought it a year ago
Quote by Twist of fate

gear building and customizing, its another forum on UG, the regulars on there know what they're talking about.
Quote by kurtebirdi
gear building and customizing, its another forum on UG, the regulars on there know what they're talking about.

did it, lets see how that goes. thanks btw.
Quote by Twist of fate