I have a small, maybe 8" tall, by 5"wide, by maybe 3" thick tank, with two small tetra in it.

Does the bubbler need to run constantly? or can I turn it off at night?

The light stays on at night, i know that.

Any help appreciated, thanks.
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” -Winston Churchill

Wait, aquarium?

-leaves thread-
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
you can turn the light off (i think) but the bubbler NEEDS to stay ON... that's how they breathe
My Guitars:
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epiphone AJ
Ibanez Strat Copy

Amps:
Orange Tiny Terror Head
Old beaten up Peavey cab
Marshall MG30DFX
pretty sure you leave it on all the time

What kind of fish by the way?
Balls.
You mean the filter? If its your filter that is bubbling, then yes, you should definitely leave that on. Or else this:

Quote by dubstar92
Hockey is blatant racism... White guys hitting black puck with sticks.

Quote by Tire Me.
Dumbledore wasn't the only headmaster that night.
leave the bubbler on all the time but turn the light off at night. If you leave the light on youre not only wasting a ton of electricity but it messes with their internal clock
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Quote by beau05
I'd say country or bluegrass would be pretty difficult, for being inbred is a pre-requisite
Yeah, I don't know a whole lot about fish tanks (I work in Electronics at WalMart and Pets is right next to us, so occasionally I have to dip fish) but I do know you gotta leave the bubbler on to keep the water oxidated. You may need to turn the light off so your fishies can sleep, but I'm not sure on that one. You can probably do a search on google and find some info on the particular fish you have. I have a birthday coming up and I'm hoping to get a small aquarium though. I saw a really cool lava-lamp shaped tank that has a light on the underside that slowly changes colors

And who else thinks it'd be cool to have a water bed filled with fish, like on A Goofy Movie ?
Last edited by dudius at Aug 21, 2009,