so i had this band for a while but we recently started doing stuff. But theres alot of holes and stuff that make the whole foundation shaky.

first off is that in our band we have 3 guitarists. me, the singer, and the bassist.
its really confusing when we do a song sometimes the drummer sings and the singer plays rythm or bass. Or sometimes the bassist plays rythm guitar. Also what i dont like about it seems that theres so much competion between us three. Whenever we have a break usually we all start shreding like crazy i dont know how to fix it...
also our singer cant sing so well im my opion our drummer is a better singer. but the singers is a better frontman and our drummer can sing only on slow songs.

also my band members never seem to want to make our own orginal song. I spent hours making up rifts and songs but whenever i take them to practices they never want to listen to them. And when i ask my singer to make lyrics he says he will once i get some rifts down

also our bassist is super unmotivated since we sort of booted him off 2nd guitar and made him bassist. He listens to music while we're all praticeing and text him GF during breaks. I guess he feels that bass isnt such a great instrument compared to guitar and when i try to show him some awsome bassists to get him motivated to play bass he just shrugs.
comments? solutions would be nice, ones without having to boot anyone out.
Hey man, i feel for you in that. My band has had issues similar to yours, not fun to deal with.

The thing i can relate to you the most is having an unmotivated band member...our drummer didnt want to play drums anymore, because he started playing guitar and liked it too much. We got to a point where i was just too frusturated with this, and we talked about if he really enjoyed drumming in the band. He didnt show that he was having fun anymore, and just quit before i could boot him. Ive found that if someone isnt motivated to play at all, maybe they are just not up for playing in a band with you...that also depends on how serious you are about making music, i couldnt live with our drummer like that, because i want to have a energetic band with great sound and stage presence.

My only other tip would be: Choose who plays what, and keep it that way. I can see that being hard to work out, but sacrifices are part of it, and if someone wont do what they are put to play, i dont think they should be playing with serious musicians...once again, depends on how serious you are about having a committed band.

Good Luck
Eh, he'll be like Cliff Burton, a disgruntled guitarist. Im waiting for the flames.

Honestly, there's not much you can do man. Leave the band would be your best bet. However you could start out as a cover band and find your collective niche, and then go with that and start working on your own songs together. Also try and drag them down into the songwriting process, I mean if they dont like your riffs, tell them to wank something out and see if you can meet in the middle. Good luck with your musical endeavors man.
Peace be thy journey
Realistically, what you should do:

Take the members you enjoy playing with, and who enjoy playing their instrument, and are good at it, and start a new band. Discipline yourselves with practice times, meaning when you re playing, you play together, and when you agree to take a break, all instruments are off.
My Gear
-ESP truckster
-Ibby RG 7 string
-Mesa/Boogie Studio Preamp (Mk2C+ mod)
-Mesa/Boogie 50-50 Stereo Poweramp
-Mesa/Boogie Vertical 2x12 (C90 and EVM)
Quote by DIFTWOOD

also our bassist is super unmotivated since we sort of booted him off 2nd guitar and made him bassist. He listens to music while we're all praticeing and text him GF during breaks. I guess he feels that bass isnt such a great instrument compared to guitar and when i try to show him some awsome bassists to get him motivated to play bass he just shrugs.

Goin through something similar, but we are just gonna boot him out (we didnt boot him off guitar though, thats harsh, he just sucks nuts)
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Sounds like the right mix. Bassits seem to be hard to find for some folks, and I'm sorry that it didnt work out for you, but it sounds like that hole is dead. Maybe you could switch up bass duties between the gutarists, it works for me, but our band does that as more of a show than neccesity. If you look in the thread here on stage presence, Im playing bass in two of my three pictures, so it does work out, if the band wants it to.

But it sounds to me like he's just not that into bass, and now he's on the fence, and could leave, or get kicked out, when all he wanted was to be a gutarist. I feel for him man, and your in a real akward position, I feel for you too. These are the decisions that make bands weak or strong.

I hope you make the one thats the best for the band, and not just you. Good luck and godspeed.
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom (Black Beauty)
1980 Marshall JMP 2204
Quote by DIFTWOOD
so i had this band for a while but we recently started doing stuff. But theres alot of holes and stuff that make the whole foundation shaky.

first off is that in our band we have 3 guitarists. me, the singer, and the bassist.
its really confusing when we do a song sometimes the drummer sings and the singer plays rythm or bass. Or sometimes the bassist plays rythm guitar. Also what i dont like about it seems that theres so much competion between us three. Whenever we have a break usually we all start shreding like crazy i dont know how to fix it...
also our singer cant sing so well im my opion our drummer is a better singer. but the singers is a better frontman and our drummer can sing only on slow songs.

also my band members never seem to want to make our own orginal song. I spent hours making up rifts and songs but whenever i take them to practices they never want to listen to them. And when i ask my singer to make lyrics he says he will once i get some rifts down

So you forced your bassist from his origonal instrument to play bass and then complain he's unmotivated? Seems stupid
Why is texting his GF in breaks a problem?
If your singer's not a good singer why is he a singer
Other than that you need to just get your **** together
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
Sounds like your band isn't effectively communicating and you don't have the same goals. You seem to want to sort the issues, so you really need to start communicating with the other members. If that doesn't work, i.e. they don't reciprocate, then you need to find some band members that can communicate effectively. Then you'll understand the other members' goals and you'll work together more effectively.
Quote by quam
Eh, he'll be like Cliff Burton, a disgruntled guitarist. Im waiting for the flames.

Burton was a bassist buddy... I dont know where you heard that he was originally a guitarist

Listen TS- It sounds like you have never really been in a stable band so you dont really have the mechanics down very well. Never boot a rhythm guitar player to bass player if they were initially hired for rhythm guitar- They won't like bass- I can guarentee that.

Secondly- What do you mean 3 guitarists? do you guys like all alternate on songs or something? You said your drummer does too? Oy vey buddy. Listen up-

Ditch your bassist or put him back on rhythm guitar and find a new bassist. Take your vocalist off guitar. Keep your drummer on the drums. who plays drums when he's not playing? nobody. And thats just bad sounding lest your doing an acoustic set.

On the Lyrics/Riffs things. You do know that you don't have to have your singer write the lyrics right? you write em than just show him where you arrange them. (btw its not RIFTS its RIFFS - just bustin your balls)

But that Is what I recommend.
thanks for the help guys
even if the truth hurts
hopefully i can get everything straightened out without kicking someone out