Hey.

Me and a mate are doing a guitar / bass duet thingie for our school's talent night and we don't know what to play. We can sing a bit, so don't suggest anything that requires an amazing voice. Song suggestions would be appreciated. Nothing too heavy.

Cheers.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
Californication? I duno these days people who don't play guitar think shredding is like godly so if your going for that think accordingly
yeah i'm no shredder. Californication'd be alright i guess.
Member of Australia FTW Club !

BASS RIG BUDGET $245 / $4900

Quote by UG
thank you zackR .
I think there's an old saying out there that goes, "If you can't show off well, don't show off at all".. so it's good that you guys aren't looking to do any fancy stuff. You could try Crossroads by Eric Clapton (the more laid-back version, not the fast and crazy version by Cream). Vocals aren't too demanding, you just need a hard-edged voice.
A few ideas:
-Get a kickin' drummer and play YYZ.
-Play My Hero acoustic, just like Dave Grohl and Nate Mendel did on Kilborne
-play some blues, easiest trick in the book
Gear List:
'97 Gibson Explorer w/ Duncan SH-4 and SH-2
Fender Jazz Bass 'Crafted in Japan'
Yamaha Acoustic Guitar
Vox AD30VT w/ VFS2
Roland Cube 30 Bass
Modded "St. Louis" Wah
Dunlop .88 Tortex picks
just play some bluesy stuff.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
My first thought when I read 'talent quest' and 'guitarist + bassist' was Scarified, but since you're not shredders this'll be a no-no

Californication, Snow ((Eh Oh)), Under the Bridge or basically any populair RHCP song would do (though do prepare that someone'll need to sing).

Play some blues songs (like said before).

There's an acoustic version of 'plug in baby' by muse floating around somewhere which is very cool as well, but I don't remember much of the singing.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
what about 'Apologize' by 'One Republic'?

It's a perfect sing-along
Quote by steven seagull
Howver, Spider have pretty lights to keep kids with ADD occupied.

My gear:
Epi ZW Buzzsaw LP
Ibanez S7320
Yerasov Detonator 100W
Laney VC15
Line6 Floor Pod+