*FINALLY UPDATED WITH PICTURES*

My Aunt's boyfriend was a bass tech for Hartke amps when he lived in New Jersey. While he was there, he had the luxury of working alongside Stu Hamm. During his stint with him, Stu had a leg in Mexico and he had to stay in Jersey with Hartke. As a parting gift, Stu gave my Aunt's bf one of his personal basses.

It's a Fender Stu Hamm "Urge" signature autographed on the back of the headstock by Stu himself. From what I know it's not a standard wall model, only 12 of them were made for Stu. The one in my lap as I write this is blue with a white pearloid pickguard, matching blue headstock, 24 frets, 3 control knobs and one toggle switch, 3 pickups, and has the U.S.A. Fender stamp/logo all around. Serial Number is SE 921850 and it's located on the back of the headstock.

We're both curious to it's value and any more information about it. I'm not a bass guy, nor do I know much about them or Fender products. I'll try to have pictures in the morning. Thanks in advance
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Last edited by Flux'D at Feb 28, 2010,
there around 1400 quid new. Maybe a bit more with his sig on it. Keep though its a great bass.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
It looks a bit different from the production models though, that's the thing. This one was made for Stu himself. I don't even know where to start looking for a value on it
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Well the production ones do have 4 knobs, why not email fender.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
i thought the original urges had 3 knobs and the urge 2 had 4?
BASS GEAR:
Fender Bassman 250 2x10
Squier MB-5
Tanglewood Premier TW155 acoustic bass

GUITAR GEAR:
Ibanez ART300
Fender GDC-200SCE
Peavey studio chorus 70

PEDALS:
Ibanez SM-7
Ibanez PH-7
DOD Bass Chorus
Quote by TANKER69
i thought the original urges had 3 knobs and the urge 2 had 4?

yes but the urge I only has 2 pickups and is short scale.

After a quick serial number check i found that it was made in 1989 which would make it an Urge I.

Guitar Info
This guitar is from the Signature Series
made at the Corona Plant (Fender), USA
in the Year(s): 1989

Fender: Corona
Corona factory was opened in 1985, Corona California, with major guitar production starting in 1987. With the addition of a custom shop in 1987 the plant currently employs about 700 workers. Apart from general and Custom Shop Fender instruments and amplifiers, it also encompasses Guild acoustic & electric guitars.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
Well technically one knob just selects between 3 different modes and the other 2 are double controls. They have a knob in the middle and an outer knob that turns also. I'm waiting on my camera to be returned from a friend, I'll have pictures up soon enough
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

I finally was able to get pictures of this bass! They're taken with my webcam so you'll have to excuse the grainyness. If you need or want any more pictures of it just let me know.

This bass is all original and belonged to Stu Hamm himself. Also according to Fender's website the Urge I wasn't in production until 1993 but the serial number indicates this one was built in 1989

SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

Last edited by Flux'D at Feb 28, 2010,
That is beatiful...keep it and treasure it always....
"You have brains in your head,
You have feet in your shoes,
You can steer yourself,
any direction you choose,
You're on your own,
And you know what you know,
And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go."

- Dr. Seuss
I'd eBay that mutha' and roll in the profits.

And yes I literally mean roll.

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
How would we go about having the signature authenticated? I'm not sure how to find somebody that does this and it needs to be authenticated. If there comes a time where we wish to sell the instrument it's our word against the buyer's.

We know for a fact it did belong to Stu Hamm and it was his personal bass that he played in the studio and on tour.
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

lucky bastard. I remember this thread from when you first made it.
Nice bass you have there mate.
Twitter: ScottWotton
Tumblr: ScottWotton
YouTube: ScottWotton

3DS FC: 5043-1553-4655
Friend Safari: Rock type with Boldore, Pupitar and Barbaracle.

Wants his username as ScottWotton. >.>
While it's definitely capable of bringing in tons of money, I'd say to keep that. I know I would.
I have an outright hatred for all things fender and I STILL am jealous. That is one sexy instrument you have there. The pickguard looks amazing with the blue body.
My Instruments:
MusicMan S.U.B. 4
Ibanez SR500
Peavey BAM 210
Gallien-Kruger MB115 Ultralight
DigiTech Bass Whammy
Quote by BassJayDunkin
I have an outright hatred for all things fender and I STILL am jealous. That is one sexy instrument you have there. The pickguard looks amazing with the blue body.

I was never one to make up crap online haha, I'm glad I finally got around to taking pictures of the bass. It sounds equally as well as it looks, now if I could only play like Stu....

I wonder if this is one of the most unique/interesting basses on the whole site?
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60