Page 1 of 2
Well Pit, I was in the bathroom and saw a newspaper sitting on the floor so I flipped through it. One story was about some guy who left his toddler in his car in Northwest Austin. The child died. Apparently some lady found it and went to security while it was still alive but they couldn't find it and gave up. They had no comment while all the dad had to say was "I just totally forgot he was in there."

Discuss

Also, just last Monday there was some guy who did the exact same thing in the Freescale parking lot and it was all over the news. I'm not sure how many there have been in Austin this year but I already there are 2 too many.

Discuss More
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What the hell is there to discuss?

I'm pretty sure no one is pro-leaving your child to die of heat stroke.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
1) They put life insurance on the kid
2) They leave kid in the car during summer
3) ???
4) profit
I'm not sure. I just figured I'd throw it out there and see what happens.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

my parents used to leave me in the car. But only for 10 minutes maximum or until they came back if I was not being compliant.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
ARRR!! This is why ships are the answer!!!

But really, a lady left her two kids in a car at a Walmart around here recently. Luckily someone noticed them screaming and broke the window. What an idiot.
Quote by Smitherz
discuss. this word makes a thread legitimate apparently

reported

I don't see the problem.

He wants people to talk about the idiocy of leaving a child in a car in excessive heat.
Quote by Smitherz

reported

You're just butt hurt because you're daytripper's bitch.
Quote by Smitherz

reported

You got me matey!!!! I shalt have to walk the plank!!!!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

i want people to talk about the mindset posters and examine their psychology i dont see the problem in that either.
My parents used to leave me in the car, hell, they still do, but now I just get out when I'm bored. What was stopping the kid from opening the door? Surely the car wasn't so cutting-edge that it was too hard to pull up the lock indicators. (Whatever they're called.)
Quote by 'Leviathan'
My parents used to leave me in the car, hell, they still do, but now I just get out when I'm bored. What was stopping the kid from opening the door? Surely the car wasn't so cutting-edge that it was too hard to pull up the lock indicators. (Whatever they're called.)

When they are small children and babies, they might not know what they are. It happens too much around here too.
Leaving a baby unattended is really careless.

Now if you leave a child in a hot car and they don't get out...well thats just Darwinism taking place.
That baby's gonna miss the game!

Quote by hazzmatazz
youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
Is like a truck
Berserker.
I don't leave my puppy in the car for more than about 10 minutes. Because if I need to nip into the supermarket for some milk or something, they won't allow dogs in.

But children?! there are no laws preventing children from going into shops, why the hell would you need to leave them in the car in the first place?
Quote by Zero-Hartman
That baby's gonna miss the game!

You bastard.

This seems to be common in the midwest though. It's rather stupid. How can you just forget about your own damn kid??
Quote by 'Leviathan'

If the child is 5 or older and perfectly capable of unbuckling the seatbelt and sitting outside, then there is no problem. The child should be able to just walk outside

But what about when it's a baby tied into it's seat? Nothing it can do. That's why most of the deaths are from infants (Although he said that the article said that it was a toddler)
Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
I don't leave my puppy in the car for more than about 10 minutes. Because if I need to nip into the supermarket for some milk or something, they won't allow dogs in.

But children?! there are no laws preventing children from going into shops, why the hell would you need to leave them in the car in the first place?

Another thing happened with this guys bulldog last week as well. He took his room mates bulldog for a walk around noon for several hours even though he had told him not too. The poor thing kept trying to hide under cars and trees to get shade but he just yanked the leash and ket dragging him. It was covered in cuts and gashes and was barely able to breath and they had to put it down.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Wow that su-OH SHIT

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by The Shroom420
If the child is 5 or older and perfectly capable of unbuckling the seatbelt and sitting outside, then there is no problem. The child should be able to just walk outside

But what about when it's a baby tied into it's seat? Nothing it can do. That's why most of the deaths are from infants (Although he said that the article said that it was a toddler)

Than the parents don't deserve to have kids if they 'forget' about their kids in the car.. Who does that! Seriously.. If you go drinking with your mates n leave a baby in the car to die than your a worthless piece of ****..

Thank you, thank you! *bows and takes a seat*
Quote by The Shroom420

Said toddler was 3 and buckled in a car seat.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by mmolteratx
Well Pit, I was in the bathroom and saw a newspaper sitting on the floor so I flipped through it. One story was about some guy who left his toddler in his car in Northwest Austin. The child died. Apparently some lady found it and went to security while it was still alive but they couldn't find it and gave up. They had no comment while all the dad had to say was "I just totally forgot he was in there."

Discuss

Also, just last Monday there was some guy who did the exact same thing in the Freescale parking lot and it was all over the news. I'm not sure how many there have been in Austin this year but I already there are 2 too many.

Discuss More

Lol at referring to the child as "it".

Anyway, people are dumb. There was a huge thing in england this year about some police men who left dogs in the heat of the car to die but nothing about kids. My mum used to leave me in the car sometimes when I was longer, it was never a case of getting sun stroke, more extreme ****ing boredom which prompted me to make an escape
Quote by Xiaoxi
Wow that su-OH SHIT

SHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE-IT!
Are You Shpongled..?
Quote by mmolteratx
Another thing happened with this guys bulldog last week as well. He took his room mates bulldog for a walk around noon for several hours even though he had told him not too. The poor thing kept trying to hide under cars and trees to get shade but he just yanked the leash and ket dragging him. It was covered in cuts and gashes and was barely able to breath and they had to put it down.

And that was the same guy? He must be the most irresponsible person in the whole world.
"A war is coming, I've seen it in my dreams. Fires sweeping through the earth, bodies in the streets, cities turned to dust. Retaliation..."

Check out my amazing band!
An Abstract Illusion
Quote by ..NEM..
And that was the same guy? He must be the most irresponsible person in the whole world.

Not it was a different guy. I need to work on wording my sentences.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by 'Leviathan'

Yes, but they're not always old enough to open a door, and sometimes there are doors that can only be opened from the outside.
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Quote by Gyroscope
Yes, but they're not always old enough to open a door, and sometimes there are doors that can only be opened from the outside.

Parents probably stuck the child locks on the prevent an escape
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

yeah i heard this happens surprisingly often. there was a thing on snopes about it ages ago.
Quote by Gyroscope

Why... did you change my font to green?
I'm so badass I used to lock MYSELF in the car

I almost died because I was 2 and didn't know how to open the door, they had to break the window in
Quote by 'Leviathan'

1) Childlocks on the doors.
2) If the toddler was strapped down and couldn't unstrap him/herself, or couldn't yet walk it'd be stuck anyway.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
1) Childlocks on the doors.
2) If the toddler was strapped down and couldn't unstrap him/herself, or couldn't yet walk it'd be stuck anyway.

When I was a kid, barely any cars where I lived had child locks, it was all Ford Falcons, etc. The doors were easy to open/unlock, but that's just my experience.
Why didn't the old lady just break the window?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Why... did you change my font to green?

What the hell are you talking about?
Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
Page 1 of 2