Hiii, ill use metallica solos since most people will be familiar.

I can play the
One intro solos
Orion first solo just
Entersandman (but improvise the big decending lick in the middle)
Fade To Blak intro solo - the apreegios.

So yeah, im just looking at stuff like the Seek and Destroy solo and i REEALLY want to get to this level.

Can you guys give me some good solos to bridge the gap aswell as practice excercies to get the Seek And Destroy solo down, and solos like Ride The lightning, No Remorse 2nd, Metal Milita, MOP. Thanks
Quote by KTHXBAI
Hiii, ill use metallica solos since most people will be familiar.

So yeah, im just looking at stuff like the Seek and Destroy solo and i REEALLY want to get to this level.

Why would i want to NOT play Metallica is i want to learn it ?!?
Anyway compared to Megadeth, Kirks stuff sounds good even though its basic.
If you ask me, it'll take a certain amount of time before you can play the rest of the metallica stuff, regardless of what you learn in between now and then, as long as you keep playing something

The descending part in Enter Sandman always used to mess me up, i didnt practice it, i just went back to it a few months later and got it down like 90%, n cudnt be bothered to practice it anymore, n a month or so later played it again n it was comfortable

Just keep playing what you enjoy listening to
Learn anything other than metallica, you are just limiting the **** out of yourself.
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.
Okay, outside metallica solo wise its

Cowboys From Hell very average
Carry On My Wayward Son First solo
Saxon 747 all solos.

And i know modes good, and very familiar with whole fret board in E minor, i just need some excercies to get me up to speed, no pun.
Quote by KTHXBAI
Okay, outside metallica solo wise its

Cowboys From Hell very average
Carry On My Wayward Son First solo
Saxon 747 all solos.

And i know modes good, and very familiar with whole fret board in E minor, i just need some excercies to get me up to speed, no pun.

thats why we said learn something else besides metallica.. the more variety you have the more options you have.
cemetery gates solo - pantera
floods solo - pantera
some of psycho holiday's solo - pantera
do chromatics.. and tons of them in different variation.
make sure you use alternate picking too.
this way you practice everything all together.
i can tell from my experience that those exercises are boring,
but they improve you the best.