im keen to buy a new guitar

im thinking about an esp standard horizon
which are lovely
or an ltd m-1000 deluxe

is the standard justifiable for the price?

plox help
hell yeah im savin for a horizon too!! my fave band is parkway drive (bfmv wer my fave band 4 yrs ago wen i made this profile) and id kill for their sound and luke kilpatrick uses an esp horizon
yeh parkway have a fantastic sound to them, i go for the heavier stuff though

more born of osiris, the faceless etc

what head do you play through dude?
LTD MH-1000 is an impressive line of guitar but still not comparable to the ESP Standard and upwards. About the extra money you have to pay. It's not really worth it in my opinion. You pay almost more than double for just one knot up in quality. I played the real 1st generation Horizon at shop which costs around 3000 dollars and didn't find it THAT much better than the LTD Deluxe range. It felt a bit more sturdy, the binding and frets are flawless with a premium top. All of mine LTD Deluxe are just a tad behind in those areas. At half the price, i'm totally happy with it.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Aug 21, 2009,
yeh i dont mind paying extra as long as the extra care and attention has been put into it if you know what i mean
If money not the issues then you should not think twice for the Standard. But you should always try the guitar out at the store for yourself. Even with their reputation of being quality guitars there can be a bad one from time to time.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

of course i would never buy a guitar without playing it

but im sure everyone knows that you need to spend a good month with a guitar before you know if you like it or not
Quote by BFMV_nick_10
hell yeah im savin for a horizon too!! my fave band is parkway drive (bfmv wer my fave band 4 yrs ago wen i made this profile) and id kill for their sound and luke kilpatrick uses an esp horizon

If you look closely, I think he's actually using the H-1000 Deluxe.

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
Quote by skullthrash
how does the h1001 go?

It's great! I owned a MH-1000 from a few years back and I'm damn glad ESP still hold their quality on the same level. I gotta love the Custom-5 pickup on this one (been playing almost exclusively on JB before). Being a quite picky person I could point out a few very minor imperfections and they're all on the finish like one or two places with paint run over to the binding, the neck color didnt match well with the body color on the back of the neck joint etc... Very smallish stuffs. The rest is perfect. I especially like the binding on the newer models. They have added a transparent layer above it to make it look more 3D. The frets are polished to perfection, smooth like heck!

I was thinking on a ESP Standard as well but I could not bring myself to play on such expensive equipment. It would puncture a huge hole in my wallet :p
When i finish my university and got a stable job I will get myself a ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM. But until then...

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Quote by The Red Comet
If you look closely, I think he's actually using the H-1000 Deluxe.

Yes he is, and it's quite obvious: rosewood fretboard and abalone inlays... Only LTD has that.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by LP_CL
Yes he is, and it's quite obvious: rosewood fretboard and abalone inlays... Only LTD has that.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't always use that, I saw them last thursday and he didn't have that guitar.
Ok, here goes.

High end Ltd's and Esp's are made from the same materials, and nearly always sound the same.

The Esp's are hand made, and the Ltd's are made using factory methods. Apart from the logo, thats the only difference.

I recently met Tim for Architects, and asked him why his band use Ltd instead of Esp.

His reply was "Theres a lot more chance to pick up 2 Ltd's and them sound/feel exactly the same, whereas sometimes the Esp's can vary slightly, depending on who made them."

What I'm saying is, if a logo is really that important to you, get an Esp. But if you don't care about the logo, and want to save some money whilst still getting the amazing sound, get the Ltd.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by MH400
Ok, here goes.

High end Ltd's and Esp's are made from the same materials, and nearly always sound the same.

The Esp's are hand made, and the Ltd's are made using factory methods. Apart from the logo, thats the only difference.

No, not true. They are made in a different country in a different factory, with different selection methods, with different wood suppliers. They are NOT made out of the same materials, i'm a 900% sure of that
Also not true, albeit only for the ESP's having a real maple top and the LTD's a veneer, which has alot of influence on the tone. That + the fact that they are made out of different quality woods AND have different pots, makes the chance that they will sound the same VERY small.

No they are not. They are CNC made, so your argument of 2 ESP's never being the same is as true as it is for LTD's. AFAIK, Jackson USA is one of the few (along with many custom shop builders offcourse) that makes their guitars by hand.

I hope you now can see this is not true either? Stop telling yourself the lie that a top end LTD is as good as a ESP. They are not. But they ARE high quality for their price, and that's what makes them interesting.
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Last edited by LP_CL at Aug 22, 2009,
Sound is one thing. Build quality and feel is another. You can without a doubt achieve the same sound with two guitars on different levels but their feel on your hand will still be different. It not really that big of a case between the higher end LTD and ESP Standard since they pretty much on the same league. BUT, The ESP Standard will have much less chance of having smaller imperfections (like the ones I mentioned on my other post). Certain people can't live with even the smallest paint overun on their guitar... You know.

You will feel it's an ESP when you hold it on your hand. It's something words can't explain. Higher LTD comes quite close but still not there.

ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Aug 21, 2009,
yeh but thats understandable
if you fork out the price you do for a guitar