What could be the problem, all the wires all new. its setup right. i have a noise gate. Even without high gain it makes noise. And when the volume on the guitar is off. It does this on both distortion channels but not the clean.

What could be the problem?
MY Setup
carvin v3 full stack 100 watt all tube power
a 1981 carvin (m-22 pickup) great tone
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
hmm just had my tubes checked, and swapped new ones in for bad ones 3 months ago?
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner
Quote by I AM CAT
What could be the problem, all the wires all new. its setup right. i have a noise gate. Even without high gain it makes noise. And when the volume on the guitar is off. It does this on both distortion channels but not the clean.

What could be the problem?

What kind of amp do you have and what kind of tubes are in there?

Hum can come from many sources but there's two major areas that may be responsible: the first position pre tube as well as both power tubes. If your preamp gain stages start off with really crappy or cheap tubes, you might still end up with a good sound but you'll get some leakage which results in the hum. The power tube section is more likely to be the source of your problems, though, so see what kind of tubes you're running in there. If they're low quality, try replacing them with something better.

In the end, remember that these are tube amps, not solid state amps: you try to go several miles in order to fix an issue but you might only get forward a few inches. Not to mention that for every action there's also a consequence - removing hum may result in decreased dynamics.

Of course, it could be something other than the amp. Make sure everything is grounded or not grounded at all (everything - if it's plugged into an extension cord or power bar, everything else must be either grounded or not grounded like the amp). It's really finnicky but it's a pleasure to not have to deal with 60hz hum.
its a carvin v3, and el34 and 6l6 tubes.
MY Setup
Rack Setup
carvin compressor
carvin fx 2
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Rocktron Noise Gate
furman power conditioner