Hi guys,

Im just wondering, i've had to sell my valveking half stack as i've got to go to Uni in september and was thinking of buying a ME-70 to run through my Marshall 15CDR so i still have reasonable tone quality and lots of effects to play with as i am going to start a numetal band, so effects are desired!

If i am using this pedal through the clean setting on the Marshall will it sound bad? or will it sound good? and what is the general oppinion of the ME-70.

Thanks alot!
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
Posted there and no one replied :<
Dean Vendetta 4.0 "Tiger Eye"
Peavey Valveking Half-Stack VK100+4x12"
its not bad but your never going to get a great tone from that amp
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Quote by Yshynsin
Hi guys,

Im just wondering, i've had to sell my valveking half stack as i've got to go to Uni in september and was thinking of buying a ME-70 to run through my Marshall 15CDR so i still have reasonable tone quality and lots of effects to play with as i am going to start a numetal band, so effects are desired!

If i am using this pedal through the clean setting on the Marshall will it sound bad? or will it sound good? and what is the general oppinion of the ME-70.

Thanks alot!

Running anything into a 15w MG is going to sound like ****...you're points moot...
The amp will sound awful reguardless
My advice - Headphones...and you can use your mg as a nice paperweight!
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Try out the peavey vypyr if you can get the money together for one. Plenty loud enough over drums and loads of effects. 30 watts btw.
Quote by output24
Haha, owned!
U win fender.

Quote by wiggy1988
teacher- Some slave owners would fight duels using their slaves
Me- So, sort of like Pokemon with people..Black man, I choose you!
Get something like a GT series or Pod, run it thought a PA or keyboard amp and voila, bob's your uncle.

If not, the peavy vypyr (with the sanpera footswitch or w/e it's called) should work just fine.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDgTOTijZLk&feature=channel_page

That's an ME50 into a Marshal MG30.

Anyways, I mean, you could get say a Vox VT50 or something if you need to practise in a band (on the back, I think it has a wattage selector, but I'm not entirely sure, try look it up). If you play metal, or numetal, it has a 'numetal' setting on it which sounds quite nice. I think they sound a hell of a lot better than Peavey Vypyrs.

Or if you have even just a wee bit more money, I suppose you could get like a Line 6 Flextone, which'll give you tons of sounds and effects, and still sound amazing.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Ay mate, I'm using an ME-70, and I think you should go for something like a POD. The effects are kinda weak.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic