I will be getting a new computer really soon and i was wondering if i could plug my guitar into it somehow and us a amp interface or something to play...

Is this possible?

If so,what materials will i need?

and is there like a free amp interface thing or one thats pretty good for fairly cheap ($50-75)?

I've heard about the line 6 toneport but its out of my budget (for right now :p)
Guitars:

1998 Squier Affinity Stratocaster

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

Money is just paper, but it affects people like poetry.
You will be better off buying a real amp. PC amp emulation still has a long way to go...
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

i seriously cant be worse than my spider...i wont have enough money for another amp for a while which really sucks
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

that doesnt look to bad,i will give that a try also
Guitars:

Amps:

Peavey Valve king 112

I have been tinkering with this sort of thing and it can work out ok. as hminh87 said, it still has a way to go.

Amplitube is a good option, and another program I recommend is Native Instruments Guitar Rig: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/?pwfilter=guitar

as regards to devices for recording/capturing your guitar, there are some cheaper options instead of buying a full home studio setup. I know that you can get 1/4 to USB adapters/cables for roughly $60-80AUD.

I know this is from Australia, but just to give you an idea: http://www.onlinemusicstore.com.au/index.php?page=showProduct&id=MAJAMLAB
this is a bit more advanced and also comes with software, etc.

hope this helped.
Member Of The Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.

I Play the Bagpipes.

they actually are a pleasant instrument.
Quote by wellsy411
Amplitube is a good option, and another program I recommend is Native Instruments Guitar Rig: http://www.native-instruments.com/#/en/products/?pwfilter=guitar

I was going to recommend the same thing too. That program has emulation settings of different types of amps and allows you to mess around and tweak the dials and sounds like a real amp.

On top of that, Native Instruments isn't just some random company. They're known in the world of music production/music notation for making Kontakt, which is a synthesiser program that composers use to playback what they've written in notation software...and it actually sounds pretty real, unlike the basic crap that ships with computers, so i'm assuming their guitar program will do the same.
Squier Bullet Strat - Fiesta Red
Ibanez PF5 series Acoustic Electric
Fender Bullet 15 practice amp
Shoot I just run my guitar into mt rp50 and then a set of headphones from there when I want to be Noiseless for my Family.