Me

He was absolutely amazing and he just blew the whole crowd away, most of them being hardcore Wooten fans as well. It was a small venue which was great, and allowed us to ask many questions, get pictures and relax a lot. He was extremely down to Earth and answered all the questions that were asked. Someone even got to go down and play his bass during the concert. Another guy also won a $4000 bass just because he had a ticket under his seat, I was shattered

Sorry I couldn't explain any better, I'll be putting up a picture very soon

this was in Melbourne btw

EDIT: I cant see the pic can you? I can see it in preview changes

EDIT: The night was kinda like this. First Mark Peric (I think) who was another bassist came up and started playing some pretty sweet stuff. Soon after Victor Wooten joined him and they jammed for a while. After this Victor Wooten started bass wanking and played a bunch of songs and jams including Norwegian wood. After this the guy who organised it handed out the bass and we had a Q&A with Victor. After a bunch of awesome questions and monologue-ing he showed us that it wasnt about the notes you played but about the groove, he did this by starting a jam in G Minor and then soloing using none of the notes in that scale. Finally after this he played Amazing Grace and then we got to meet him for signings and photographs. While this was going on you could just talk to other bass players, play some pretty basses on show or leave.

Anything else you guys want to know?
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Last edited by sonsie at Aug 24, 2009,
Last night. I made a thread about this about two weeks ago
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
this would make a better blog than a thread
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by sonsie
Last night. I made a thread about this about two weeks ago

Ah that sucks! My computer was stolen and I was without a computer for 3 weeks.
Ohh sorry to hear that mate and to Gilly. Let me have my fun I deserve bragging rights
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Gilly lives in adelaide

Anyway, i was going to go to wesley and see if i could spectate but it was a thursday and i had school so bah :/

From your height, could you see his bald spot?
My cousin has pics of him playing Vic's bass. I was fairly jealous, considering he asked me to go with him, and I shrugged it off.
Quote by charvel_man
"My lovely lady lumps"
What the **** are lady lumps? What does she have, breast cancer?

Bacchus basses FTW!
www.japanvintageguitars.com
I went, and I recognise you, I saw you there haha.

Was really an amazing night.

Sanity is not statistical
DUUDE!!! Why didnt you say something? I was looking around the entire time thinking 'I wonder which one is Low_End_Rocker?'
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all

Quote by dullsilver_mike
The resonant frequency of the clitoris is too low for the guitar players to take care of.

Quote by jackers1234
you sir, have just won for this statement. =D

Young Knees
K, are you really just going to post a photo and mention some basses? Absolutely no mention of what went on, or even if it was a concert or a clinic? Just one photo and goodbye?
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Sorry Fitz, I'll edit something into the first post

also I'm around 6 foot 1 so he may look a lot smaller
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Last edited by sonsie at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by sonsie

If you're 6'1" that puts Victor somewhere between 5'5" and 5'9"
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Oh my SHIZ!!!
being a mediocre bass enthusiast/player
VIC WOOTEN IS GOD!!!
i'm sooo f***ing jealous!!
My Gear
Les Paul Special 4 String by Epiphone
15" Crate 220w Combo Amp

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by sonsie

is that with or without the jew fro!??? hahah sorry bra (no racism i really want to know haha)
My Gear
Les Paul Special 4 String by Epiphone
15" Crate 220w Combo Amp

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
lol its ok, btw im not Jewish, im Indian
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Yeah, I'd be somewhat bothered that I didn't get get the bass. Not too much, but still. Man, I'm jealous of you. *sigh* Probably the closest place he'd come to where I live is 4 hours away, if I'm lucky. Oh, piss.
I met him in Sydney last week. He's a nice guy.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
If it's Vic we're talking about, the first bassist you're speaking of is Mark Peric. Absolutely amazing bassist.
Schecter Stiletto Studio 5
Ibanez SRX2EX1
Gallien Krueger 1001rbii
Gallien Krueger Neo 410
Quote by Cody_Grey102
If it's Vic we're talking about, the first bassist you're speaking of is Mark Peric. Absolutely amazing bassist.

yeah thanks for that. Edited in
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
Shenanigans. I'm calling epic shoop.

Just kidding. Good on ya, man.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Yep, that's the guy thanks for that
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
According to my friend's guitar teacher if you tell him he has a nice shirt he'll offer to give it to you
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i wish i had known
Originally Posted by smb

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all