So i just DL this before and i'm wondering how can i record what i play?

I'd like to be able to hear what i play as it records

any ideas?
Here's how I do it:

Download Reaper (www.reaper.fm)
Set it up in the audio settings
Make a new track
Click "AR" to arm it for recording
Choose the correct input (whatever you use to get the guitar signal to the computer)
Click on FX and search for Revalver (you might have to configure the folder where your VST:s are in)
Now you should be able to record your playing and have revalver process the sound.
If you want to hear what you're playing, click on the record monitoring button (the leftmost button on the lowest row of the track's controls) and set it to on.

Ask if you have any questions.
Quote by Lunchbox362
This thread if fail in almost every way imaniganable.
hmm i can't figure it out, i want to have revalver open at the same time?

So i can like just go click record in another app sorta thing and then it records?

I can't seem to get it to actually record what comes from vavalver?
When you do what I said, Revalver IS open inside Reaper. Look:

Just tweak Revalver to get the tone you want, hit record and start playing. It records your clean signal, which then runs through Revalver, so if you render the file or play it on Reaper, you get the Revalver'ed sound, not the clean sound. If you absolutely want to record what comes straight from Revalver, you can set the recording to "Output" (mono, latency compensated should work). That will record the Revalver'ed sound, but if you play it back or render it you must disable Revalver as an effect, otherwise it'll run the amplified signal back into the amplifier, which will probably result in a lot of high pitched distortion awfulness (to disable Revalver as an effect on the track, just click on the little checkbox in the list where Revalver is).

Edit: If you absolutely want to do things your way, there might be some way to do that, but I don't know what. It might work if you can set the recording input on the other program to Stereo Mix, but I think this way is easier.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Last edited by Fama at Aug 22, 2009,
I record using Reaper but when i turn it into an mp3 the distortion is VERY harsh, trebbly. I've turned down the treble but still same thing happens
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Weird... I never had such problems. Are you running 32 or 64 bit windows? Try reinstalling Revalver?

Quote by bucketmark
I record using Reaper but when i turn it into an mp3 the distortion is VERY harsh, trebbly. I've turned down the treble but still same thing happens

It sounds ok when you play it but when you record it it turns harsh and trebly? Are you recording the input or the output? If you're recording the output, remember to turn off the fx on the track so it doesn't run the signal twice through Revalver.
Quote by Lunchbox362
Last edited by Fama at Aug 22, 2009,