Another amp thread.

This time around the thread is about me getting rid of my Spider III for something better tho. My budget is $200 maximum. I want something that will play rock, blues and metal without sounding like crap.

Currently I am eyeballing the Roland Cube 20X. Please help me out guys.
seriously, save those 200, it won't be a big step from a spider to another amp in that range

and when you say metal, what bands for example? Because it's hard to get a good metal sound from a $200 amp
Last edited by Vitor_vdp at Aug 21, 2009,
A Cube would be better but $200 is a poor budget. Save some more and get a Blackstar HT-5.

Other people are also going to mention a Peavey Vypyr, but is just another tumbling ball of mediocrity.

If you chekc your local Criaglist(s), you may be able to find a Line 6 Flextone used for around that price.
Cubes are good!!

But if I would be you I would save some cash to get a better one!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
If you go for a cube, get either one of the micro cubes or anything above the 30x. Those have the better amp models which are very good for metal.
Gear:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Laney VC50
Roland Cube 30X
Boss MD-2

Ibanez GSR200

Official Newbie Of The 'Australia FTW!' Club PM Alter-Bridge Or The_Random_Hero To Join. Australians only.
Quote by DV8R
I guess I will save my money then. Thanks guys. For anyone that is looking for a good deal on a beginners amp, look here http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350242619396

E-bay links aren't allowed, mate. I'm 99% that it's not your auction and that the link is meant in a genuine way, but I'm pretty sure it's against the rules.

Although I may be wrong about the link?
RIP Tom Searle.
It's against the rules in certain contexts.If your going aroundposting a link to your ebay auction and blatantly adverstising it,that's against the rules.If your posting an ebay link to a fake or an example of features/average price there's no harm in that.
These aren't official rules,but I'm sure the mods won't mind this.If your gonna post a link to an amp though,don't link to ebay if you can.
EDIT: TS, see if you can find a peavey studio-pro 112 or something (I can't remember the name).I can't imagine them being too much,and I personally like them alot for a budget amp.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Last edited by Ian hawkins at Aug 21, 2009,