About 2 months ago I just decided too re-paint my guitar, I didn't really enjoy the Sunburst color it originally was. I was inspired to paint it like the Mark Hoppus 2009 Bass Guitar (Picture Below).I've been playing guitar for about 1 and a half years, This was my first ever paint job on a guitar and I am quite proud of it, Although I could of improved on my mistakes but we all learn from them.

Mark Hoppus Bass

This project isn't yet finished though. I purchased a set of Chrome Volume Knobs off eBay the other day. I am going to purchase a Seymour Duncan Invader and get it installed. I am also hoping to buy a guitar neck in the near future.

Tell me what you guys think of my first ever project overall..
Neverender:SSTB 4/19

Goddamn this cursed iron fist. When I lose control!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']You, sir, win epically.
Yea, The tentacles are on the pickguard. If you look on one of the pictures you'll see the pickguard was stenciled.
Cool!
Gear :
Fender Stratocaster Made in Mexico

Amps :
Epiphone Valve Jr.
Marshall Lead 20
Fender Performer 1000

looks nice man.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009
Quote by Shinozoku
You have a walnut stop sign banjo-tar signed by MAB

˙ןooɔ sı uosɐǝɹ ןɐǝɹ ou ɥʇıʍ ƃıs ɹnoʎ uı ʇxǝʇ uʍop ǝpısdn ƃuıʇʇnd
Quote by Scowmoo
You deserve an Awesome Award for Awesome People.
Seriously.

Stop Sign Guitar? HELL YES!
Good stencil work.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
Sweet, man! Somehow that Octopus reminds me of The Venture Brothers...
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Great job. Cleaned the lines up awesomely as well. I think having a burst from behind the of the octopus's head would be beyond awesome (also becomes yours vs a copy :P). I'm thinking of the Japanese Imperial Flag burst e.g. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/0/06/War_flag_of_the_Imperial_Japanese_Army.svg (couldn't get image tags to work, sorry).

The octopus's head would obviously replace the centre circle. The tentacles would get in the way but i think it's worth it :P
Last edited by 21Fretter at Aug 21, 2009,
Thanks guys, I was going to write my name in the back of it.. Might write in under the pickgaurd..

Thanks again for the support and feedback
nice, clean work. looks good.
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
Quote by Wizzle
Thanks guys, I was going to write my name in the back of it.. Might write in under the pickgaurd..

Thanks again for the support and feedback

Write it in a black script, kind of like Jack Johnson on the CD for Sleep Through The Static.

This:
There be no shelter here.
I was thinking roughly the same idea courtkid, I am curently designing my initials on Photoshop and If I get something awesome I'll see if I will put it on the back.
That looks great TS.
You did a nice job
Quote by letsgocoyote
No I'm not Jesus. I would aspire to be though. I think under circumstances he would let you pay less if you needed to.
What guitar did that start out as? I'm loving that shape.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
^agreed. shape looks awesome.
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

It's some Ashton. Still waiting on the parts to arrive... I'll keep you guys informed.
Looks great. How did you get from fuzzy wuzzy lines to those crisp ones?
Hi!

Sig Retired.
Quote by la bamba
Looks great. How did you get from fuzzy wuzzy lines to those crisp ones?

Another stencil layer, It turned out alot better then what I thought.

Parts still haven't arrived.. I am guessing tomorrow they will.
Neat. Looks really nice. I'd do something like that to my bass, but first I want a kit guitar to try it on. I'll bet it will look nice when it's all put together.
Yeah, It will look ****ing nice when it is done.

The guitar is some type of Ashton, It's a pretty cheap guitar... I know that much.

I want a whole new fretboard and headstock.. Any ideas guys?
^ are you buying a new 1 or just modding your current neck?
Quote by Shinozoku

Quote by Scowmoo
Seriously.

I want to buy a new one, I want something easy to get around to.. Like a Les Paul Neck or whatever..

Parts turned up ..