So, I wanna upgrade my amp.I've been stuck with my s***ty MG30 which sounds craptastic and is nowhere near as loud as I want. So, I'm set on getting the bugera 1990 but musical gear in Australia costs almost twice as much as it does in the U.S or Canada. It F**king sucks.

1) WHY does it cost so much?
2) Where in New South Wales or Victoria can I get this amp for a reasonable $700-ish bucks?
Gear: Warmoth Soloist / Hondo Acou. / Ibanez AS73

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

Bugera V55 / Home Made Cab w/ Celestion Speakers G12M & G12T
Of course yes, I realize that. Also because of the conversion rate of the US and AUS dollar, but still, 'tis a bit much.

Hardwire TL-2 / Boss GE-7 / Electro Harmonix Small Stone Nano / Boss DD-3 / MXR Smart Gate / Ibanez TS9 / Unknown Tremolo

I agree, living in Perth does make it hard to find good cheap stuff, and makes it harder to take it when someone in the US says "Yeh, i just saw this for (300AUD) and bought it" when that something would cost $800+ here.
I look around that Canadian site, Musicians Friend, and the amp is on there for $450 US ($540 AUD), and then there's tax, dunno how much that is, and then there is the shipping. I would say $700 is do-able (plus whatever shipping is from the store). And the place selling them would still make profit.

But I've only seen these go for $800, $850 and $900. Which, again, F***ing sucks.

Hehe that happens in India too man, the Bugera 6260 in India costs as much as Mesa Boogies in the US....
Well at least we're not from Brazil, I have a friend there and he has to pay 3 times whatever the value of the item is to get it into the country. Despite that, is there anyone with some/an answer?

All the more reason to get a job and save.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Silly hats - My job money is put towards sensible things for life. Like a car. * headspace moment* Why do I have to live, why can't I just exist?

Martin - That there is the reason I didn't even bother with Mesa.

Zooooom!

explicar?

Yeah,mesa's arent worth it over here.As such I've seen A mesa for sale.ONCE.It was a dual rec and it was in a pawnshop for about 3 grand.The only mesa I've seen for sale EVER.If you think about equipment in different 'stages' (i.e low quality,decent quality,medium quality,high quality,very high quality), we end up being 1 rank down from the US.Example,you buy somethin in the 'decent' range,for that amount of money you could have gotten something in the medium range in America.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Also, that quality scale there varies for amps that put out more or less.

Say a blackstar HT-5, yes we can afford it here and it's high quality, though it's not likely that your gonna play it at a gig that is any bigger than a small pub.