I realized, when I found out a girl i used to know from my art class at college died a few days ago, really young too, that I don't REALLY feel anything about it. Is that wrong?

Is there something wrong with me, or is it just not a big deal when you've already lost touch with the person? Because everyone else seems to be very emotional about it
People react with stuff in different ways.

Doesn't mean that there's anything wrong with you.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
if you've lost touch there's nothing wrong with it. just because you know who they are doesn't mean you're emotionally connected and all that.
Quote by Jackal58
I only judge people based upon the color of their skin.

Quote by Kilty Boxers
id like to shave my balls, but i always cut myself and when i do my shaver is like om nom nom testicle skin.
nothing wrong wth don't caring, but just don't make yourself look like an heartless person in front of others
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Quote by voodoochild23
I realized, when I found out a girl i used to know from my art class at college died a few days ago, really young too, that I don't REALLY feel anything about it. Is that wrong?

Is there something wrong with me, or is it just not a big deal when you've already lost touch with the person? Because everyone else seems to be very emotional about it

Nah, theres nothing wrong with you.

I had a similar experience with a girl i went to school with.
Interesting that you would ask us, do you personally think it's unusual?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Same thing happened to me.

A girl in my class killed herself, when i first found out i was shocked but after that i really wasn't bothered in the least bit...
Quote by Monolith295
Tobysaurus is one sexy man.

Quote by Kensai
I think I love you Tobysaurus!

Quote by CFH82
God damn, you've given me a boner Toby!
I dont think there's anything wrong with not being emotional or anything.

Like When my nan died last year my whole family were crying and i really wasn't bothered really, i mean i was sad but not much................if you get what i mean...........
They made me do push ups in drag

I'm gonna have a really hard time if we're both cannibals and racists.

Don't dress as a whore, he'll thump you.

I'm a firework, primed to go off
Quote by Kensai
Interesting that you would ask us, do you personally think it's unusual?

Hell yea, I mean when everyone else from that class is very "Omg R.I.P I'll miss you" about it I feel like a very self centred person

I relied on the blunt nature of responses in the Pit to reassure me that I'm sane, or prove to me beyond doubt that I'm just very artificial when it comes to friendships
nah, there's nothing wrong with that.
i experienced the same thing too.
HI, I'M IZZ
If you didn't really know her, it doesn't matter. If anything you wanna be careful you don't look fake by being pressurised into being all "Ohhhhhh I miss you soooooo much" and then one of her mates comes up to you saying "Stfu you never bloody talked to her!"

Mate, you're alright. Nothin wrong with not caring about a dead person.
wow, you must be really insecure about yourself to ask that to the pit. people die everyday, how you react to it is how you are mentally built. don't ask questions about it.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

My Gear: (That I actually use)

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Do you feel anything for her family or close friends?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
A girl in the Special Education Unit at my school slipped some disc in her brain and died.

While people were crying hysterically, I briefly considered making a joke about it.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
I'm like you too.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
Quote by MonsterOfRock
wow, you must be really insecure about yourself to ask that to the pit. people die everyday, how you react to it is how you are mentally built. don't ask questions about it.

Ooh yea if only I was as macho as you.

Its called curiosity. Look it up.
Quote by voodoochild23
Ooh yea if only I was as macho as you.

Its called curiosity. Look it up.

thats not the point. loss and sadness is a personal matter, and how you react to it, is your personal experience of the event and/or your afterthoughts, no amount of oppinion is gonna change a damn thing when this happens to you again. so why is this a topic?
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q
Quote by Snowblind 911
A girl in the Special Education Unit at my school slipped some disc in her brain and died.

While people were crying hysterically, I briefly considered making a joke about it.

Making a joke and not caring are totally different things.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
f you had no emotional feelings and stuff for her, I guess there's no problem with you.
DeVillains!
Quote by voodoochild23
Hell yea, I mean when everyone else from that class is very "Omg R.I.P I'll miss you" about it I feel like a very self centred person

Well, based on that statement, if I was in this situation and the people in my art class were acting like that towards a girl they only knew through class a few times a week, my bull**** detector would start going off. I mean think about it for a little while but give them a couple of days and it won't even cross their mind.

I would feel deeply for her family and close friends, because a loss like that is never easy, but I wouldn't be particularly scarred unless I had some kind of emotional connection to her. Its just natural. You can't have the emotional capacity to care about every single person that crosses your path. That would stress me the heck out.

Your normal TS
Pics or it didn't happen.

....yeah im a dick
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Quote by Necr0maniac
Pics or it didn't happen.

....yeah im a dick

Atleast you suit your name
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by voodoochild23

I relied on the blunt nature of responses in the Pit to reassure me that I'm sane, or prove to me beyond doubt that I'm just very artificial when it comes to friendships

All people are just social animals, they respond to situations just like they're suppose to without really giving it much thought. I wonder how many of them even cared about the girl, it being a more automatical response. You belong to a different group, the one that responds not by exterior or interior responses, but wonder why, and I belong to yet a different group.
Quote by MonsterOfRock
thats not the point. loss and sadness is a personal matter, and how you react to it, is your personal experience of the event and/or your afterthoughts, no amount of oppinion is gonna change a damn thing when this happens to you again. so why is this a topic?

Is it necessary to flame him for asking about it? Is it too hard to just:

A)Leave the thread
or
B)Leave something constructive and supportive

Or maybe I'm asking for too much from people
Quote by Kensai
All people are just social animals, they respond to situations just like they're suppose to without really giving it much thought. I wonder how many of them even cared about the girl, it being a more automatical response. You belong to a different group, the one that responds not by exterior or interior responses, but wonder why, and I belong to yet a different group.

Out of curiosity do you study psychology or just interest?
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by Venice King
Making a joke and not caring are totally different things.

That's true.

It's ironic that I was one of the few who were genuinely nice to her while she alive. Those who mourned were feeling mighty guilty, methinks.

I tend to close off emotionally when other people get emotional. Like, while watching a movie, if someone else cries, I generally don't, but I always get emotional when other people don't seem to, or when I'm watching something on my own.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
Quote by Venice King
Out of curiosity do you study psychology or just interest?

I have studied a bit about it, but I read and study mostly on my spare time. I think the human mind is very interesting ^^
Quote by Kensai
I have studied a bit about it, but I read and study mostly on my spare time. I think the human mind is very interesting ^^

ah cool
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Quote by jbridge90
Is it necessary to flame him for asking about it? Is it too hard to just:

A)Leave the thread
or
B)Leave something constructive and supportive

Or maybe I'm asking for too much from people

the advise is to move along and carry on, but ill admit, my wordings are a bit rude.
Don't buy Guitar Hero.
Buy Guitar Pro.

ESP Edwards E-CY-165 CTM
Vox Saturator
Vox AD50VT
Vox Tonelab LE
Jim Dunlop Crybaby 535Q