Heya

I started playing guitar one year ago with a stratocaster squire. after all, it turned out that I love playing guitar and I have been thinking about buying a better intrument a notch or two higher than the squire. I did some browsing in stores and three major choices were offered to me.

An Epiphone Les Pauls , A Hagstrom Swede and a DK2L Dinky Left Handed. The vendors told me the fit my musical style (alternative with a hint of metal) and the seem to fit my price range.

I would like to see your opinion concerning these three guitars to help me in deciding which one to buy.

Much thanks
Last edited by alexp2603 at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by alexp2603
Heya

I started playing guitar one year ago with a stratocaster squire. after all, it turned out that I love playing guitar and I have been thinking about buying a better intrument a notch or two higher than the squire. I did some browsing in stores and three major choices were offered to me.

An Epiphone Les Pauls, A Hagstrom Swede and a Jackson Dinky. The vendors told me the fit my musical style (alternative with a hint of metal) and the seem to fit my price range.

I would like to see your opinion concerning these three guitars to help me in deciding which one to buy.

Much thanks

I have had an Epiphone Les Paul Standard as my only guitar for the past 3 years. Gigged with it 5 or so times, and i play metal like Metallica and Machine Head. I have to say it has been brilliant for metal as far as im concerned. Solid fixed bridge for easy palm muting and it looks hot! Solidly made

I have also read extremely postive reviews about the Jackson Dinky a lot. I havent heard of the Hagstrom im afaird.

Hope this helped
MY METALZ YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote by angusfan16
Okay UG where's my refund and free xbox. I need It for my 80 yr old grandma. She needs a new flower pot
im a lefty too and i would say look at the schecter C1 blackjack
i think the les paul is the best guitar htere, that thing can play anything
Have a play on the Hagstrom if you can. I have heard a lot of good things about them but never met one over here. I have played a few Epi LPs and I must say I expected more from a €500 guitar. Maybe I just ran into 5 or 6 not so good ones, so it would be good to make a comparison.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

TS, look into Schecter. They make awesome looking instruments that can play pretty much anything. What would your maximum budget be?

Out of the 3 you suggested, the Epi LP is probably best for what you want as it is pretty versatile, but Jackson Dinky's are pretty similar to some of Schecter's models and is probably more suited to metal. Never heard of the Hagstrom Swede
Do yourself a favor and check out the Swede. You can find nice deals on them and I prefer the neck to most any others I have tried in my short playing time. I have tried some real nice guitars,I've owned Gibson SG standard & faded,MIA Strat & Tele,Gibson LP Special,Schecter C1 classic,Carvin,Ibanez Prestige,Epi G400 & I find the Hag neck to be the best & feel they are a better deal for what you get for the money than the lower end Gibson line(faded) I thought I would like the Faded SG since I sold my Standard to buy a steal on a Caddy. But when the Faded arrived and I pulled it out I was disappointed from jump street with finish & feel it was on eBay 2 hours later. I didn't like the Epi G400 at all or the feel of the neck. The Hag F200(SG style) I had was a much better guitar than the G400 IMO. Graphite nut from jump,pick-ups are pretty nice,only issue I find is the pots but you will find that on most guitars coming from asia.
16' Gibson SG Std.
15' Ibanez JEM Jr.
OD9 Pro+>CM-2>BC-2>Wylde Phase>Gravy>Flashback
Marshall JCM800>V212(Vet.30/ET-65)
Ibanez TSA15H>1x12 (G12n-65)
Randall RVC5>1x12 (G12n-65)
Hagstrom is the best out of those. But I'd say an HSS strat would work for you. Ideally, you should replace the H with a DiMarzio or SD, but no rush.