Looking to add a chorus pedal to my rig. Debating over MXR Stereo CHorus or Voodoo Lab Chorus pedal. Both are relatively the same price. Both are good brands. Anyone have experience with both of these?
boss ce-2 mij if you can find one, if not the mxr is fine
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Look into the analog man chorus
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
out of the two, i would recommend the MXR chorus because it's a lot more versatile. and it has the added bonus of leaving the low end alone so it's not as icy as other chorus pedals.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
The CE-2 is fantastic, one of the holy grails of chorus pedals.

I've heard nothing but good revies about the Analogman, even though I've never played one.

I personally use an EHX Small Clone, and I like it a lot. Very warm and lush chorus.

The Fulltone Choralflange is amazing, although discontinued. Depending on your price range, I would REALLY recommend one.

What kind of chorus are you going for? Warm and lush, 80s style clean, etc?
If you have an extra bypass pedal sitting around..
the rocktron tsunami pedal has a very "natural" chorus to it, its just not true bypass.
Luckily i had an extra HAHN switch a roo pedal on my board, now i leave the rocktron on all the time, and just use the switch a roo to toggle it into the signal.
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly

I've heard nothing but good revies about the Analogman, even though I've never played one.

I personally use an EHX Small Clone, and I like it a lot. Very warm and lush chorus.

The Fulltone Choralflange is amazing, although discontinued. Depending on your price range, I would REALLY recommend one.

The CE-2 is ok, depends on if it's the black label or green label, japan or korean bs.
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly

then why are they still listing it on the site?
http://fulltone.com/stpframe.html
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by sharpant
Look into the analog man chorus

This.

/thread

Edit:

The green label BOSS CE-2 pedals are made in Taiwan, not Korea.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
If you click the link, it goes back to their products page, unlike all the other pedal links.

To the best of my knowledge, it's discontinued.

that's just a bad link. they still make them.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by bubb_tubbs
This.

/thread

Edit:

The green label BOSS CE-2 pedals are made in Taiwan, not Korea.

Actually no. I had one from Korea. I believe the newer ones were from Taiwan. I picked up one, then saw it was from Korea then sold it. Junk.