Page 1 of 2
I've been hearing a lot of panic in my area about this "hurricane" that we're supposed to get sunday/monday. I think it's a load of hogsh*t.

EVERYONE who is working the weekend is talking about bringing sleeping bags and stuff to work, loading up on canned goods, planning for "extended power outages"...etc...

I'm not exactly gonna sit on my roof while it's pissing cats and dogs, but I'm sure as hell not gonna drop everything i'm doing for a "possible category 1" hurricane.

I live in Nova Scotia. Hurricane; EAT MY ARSEHOLE.

Is anyone else sick of the panic that the weather causes in their area?
Quote by JohnnyV
I've been hearing a lot of panic in my area about this "hurricane" that we're supposed to get sunday/monday. I think it's a load of hogsh*t.

EVERYONE who is working the weekend is talking about bringing sleeping bags and stuff to work, loading up on canned goods, planning for "extended power outages"...etc...

I'm not exactly gonna sit on my roof while it's pissing cats and dogs, but I'm sure as hell not gonna drop everything i'm doing for a "possible category 1" hurricane.

I live in Nova Scotia. Hurricane; EAT MY ARSEHOLE.

Is anyone else sick of the panic that the weather causes in their area?

my town is famous due to weather, purely 'cos of floods and whatnot.

stupid England!
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by AnAngrySquirrel
I've always wanted to go to Nova Scotia, can I stay at your house if I fly over there?

I guess so. However, i must warn you that I'm a serial fappist with no awareness of personal boundaries.

OnTopic: Just for the record I understand that natural disasters occur, but there's no need to go apesh*t over a bunch of rain.
Quote by JohnnyV
Hurricane; EAT MY ARSEHOLE.
I hope that's true.
Then again, this hurricane just MIGHT bite you squarely on the ass.

Good luck

Oh, and ...

cool story, bro.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
I live in Florida, so everyone panicks every time theres something off of Africa. It makes me
love is love // return to dust
I live in Riverview, just a little ways from NS.

My friend is in NS camping right now !
In a tent.

XD
If you get carried away in the hurricane's wrath after it hears you've insulted it, make sure you have a camera. You could probably sell the video for a hundreds.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by HorizonShadow
I live in Riverview, just a little ways from NS.

My friend is in NS camping right now !
In a tent.

XD

That's gonna suck. 50mm of rain>tent

Quote by el-ECTRO
If you get carried away in the hurricane's wrath after it hears you've insulted it, make sure you have a camera. You could probably sell the video for a hundreds.

I'm totally posting before and after pictures of my house when this thing passes and I am unscathed.
unscaythed?
unskaythed?
wait...
Quote by JohnnyV

I'm totally posting before and after pictures of my house when this thing passes and I am unscathed.
unscaythed?
unskaythed?
wait...

I will see these. After I get back from holiday tomorrow anyway. I shall sticky this thread and hold you to that.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

Quote by el-ECTRO
I will see these. After I get back from holiday tomorrow anyway. I shall sticky this thread and hold you to that.

*handshake

a promise is a promise
here is the before shot (actually taken for my insurance company):
Last edited by JohnnyV at Aug 21, 2009,
England is quite boring when it comes to this stuff I live in a valley so the only thing i get is flooded plus we live near to a big ass river..
Quote by black007hawk2
Category 1? Psh, you could probably sleep through that one.

You could.

I was in North Carolina one year and we were directly hit by a Category 1. It was like a bad thunderstorm.

I actually went out in the ocean during it. The waves were pretty sweet.
Quote by daytripper75
You could.

I was in North Carolina one year and we were directly hit by a Category 1. It was like a bad thunderstorm.

I live in Florida, I get those every single year. The worst that happened to me was the power going out, but that was fixed before the hurricane passed, because even the power crews were out in the storm. I shocks me that people would actually prepare for it. TS, firmly slap everybody you know preparing for the hurricane.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
Last edited by black007hawk2 at Aug 21, 2009,
We had anotehr storm here a couple years ago, Hurricane Juan (it was pretty weaktastic, anotehr Cat. 1) and then a storm that winter that everyone called "White Juan" cause there was so much snow.

White Juan was worse, what with the ripping off of roofs and stuff. But still, people here should be glad they don't live in an area where real disaters take place. Miserable toe-chewing morons...
I live in Florida too. I'm so used to hurricanes that I don't even care anymore. The power outages are annoying though. I can't imagine people freaking out over a category 1 storm.
Quote by Masamune
I live in Florida too. I'm so used to hurricanes that I don't even care anymore. The power outages are annoying though. I can't imagine people freaking out over a category 1 storm.

I work at Wal-Mart, so I get to see all the snowbirds from up north prepare to go through their first hurricane, it's pretty funny because they think a Category 1 is the end of the world.
Airship is liek teh best giitar playr evr!!111!1!

Quote by solidgay
Don't use distortion pedals. Just bury your guitar for three weeks, and then dig it up, that should do the job.

^Best Reply Ever!

Quote by imdeth
metaldud damn it I said ignore the penis!
i feel you man were supposed to get that hurricane too, i live in nfld. i dont really give a **** either. i just hope it aint too bad!
I'm What you dont notice!!

Blues Rocks

And yes i am a girl!!
Quote by black007hawk2
I work at Wal-Mart, so I get to see all the snowbirds from up north prepare to go through their first hurricane, it's pretty funny because they think a Category 1 is the end of the world.

I live in England.

We have
rain.

Michigan is pretty bland. We don't get hurricanes, but we sometimes get tornadoes. The thing about Michigan tornadoes is that they usually don't touch down for very long because hills are tornado killers, and most of Michigan is pretty hilly. Only bad weather we get are severe thunderstorms and lake-effect snow.

Michigan really is probably the best place to live to avoid natural disasters. No earthquakes, hurricanes, we don't get wildfires like California and we don't get very bad tornadoes. The temperature rarely dips below 0F and usually doesn't even break 90F in the summer, though occasionally you get a 50F day in the middle of July.
After the ice storm we had here in.. 2001(?) Hurricanes really don't faze me.

I mean, after the ice storm, we didn't have power for a week, and the entire city was ice.
Literally, ICE.
Ice trees.
Ice spider webs.
Ice sister.

The blackout was cool because when you were driving across the ice bridge all you saw was all these houses and buildings.. but it was all black...

Creepy.
Quote by dudius
Michigan is pretty bland. We don't get hurricanes, but we sometimes get tornadoes. The thing about Michigan tornadoes is that they usually don't touch down for very long because hills are tornado killers, and most of Michigan is pretty hilly. Only bad weather we get are severe thunderstorms and lake-effect snow.

Michigan really is probably the best place to live to avoid natural disasters. No earthquakes, hurricanes, we don't get wildfires like California and we don't get very bad tornadoes. The temperature rarely dips below 0F and usually doesn't even break 90F in the summer, though occasionally you get a 50F day in the middle of July.

Nova Scotia isn't bad either, the RARE "hurricane" (oh noes!) but other than that it's half-assed summer weather and wet winters.
Quote by HorizonShadow
After the ice storm we had here in.. 2001(?) Hurricanes really don't faze me.

I mean, after the ice storm, we didn't have power for a week, and the entire city was ice.
Literally, ICE.
Ice trees.
Ice spider webs.
Ice sister.

The blackout was cool because when you were driving across the ice bridge all you saw was all these houses and buildings.. but it was all black...

Creepy.

0.o

how many people were raped?
I remember one week it got pretty hot and dry and people were all worried that our reservoir was going to run out of water. Of course, everyone hysterically ran to the local grocery store and bought a giant flat of water bottles. People were getting REALLY PISSED OFF because some stores ran out of water bottles. However...

...It rained after a few days and we never ran out of water...
I live on Vancouver Island. The worst we will EVER GET is icy rain.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
never been in a hurricane but i'm sure i would be scared shartless...

Quote by daytripper75
You could.

the return of the girls!!! awesome!!!
Quote by Duff_McGee
Everyone knows that the day the Metallica ends, the world ends.
Here in Washington we barely get any bad weather. Just a lot of wind, which absolutely blows. Pun intended. We have to worry more about brush/forest fires, and earthquakes here which I suppose is a fair trade.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
Nova Scotia FTW!

Anyway,ya it's getting pretty annoying. I doubt it will hit us too hard.
Quote by IMABBALLPLAYER
Here in Washington we barely get any bad weather. Just a lot of wind, which absolutely blows. Pun intended. We have to worry more about brush/forest fires, and earthquakes here which I suppose is a fair trade.

Sounds like I should follow your lead and move west sometime
Don't take it for granted man, it's quite possible that it can blow you away befo
Uncle Vernon, Uncle Vernon,
independent as a hog on ice,
He's a big shot down there at the slaughterhouse,
Plays accordion for Mr. Weiss
Page 1 of 2