Hope everyone is doing well. Looking into getting a used Marshall 1936 2x12 cab, and I found one on Craigslist where the seller claims it is in mint condition. Might go take a look at it this weekend and was wondering if you guys had any tips as to what I should keep in mind while evaluating the cab/speakers. What qualities should the speakers have (besides sounding good) that I should pay attention to? What qualities should the speakers not have (besides sounding bad)?

Thanks very much for your help!
If it's used, they should be broken in pretty good. Just inspect for tears in the cone etc. Make sure the speakers were not swapped out of it for something else. I'm not sure what came in them originally but they were probably Celestions. Also make sure the cab your looking at will match your amp head for watts and ohms.

Good luck.

PS: If you want to link the thread here we can take a look at it.
Well, keep asking.

The G12T75s may or may not work for you. I don't remember exactly what the deal is whith them but they don't get a lot love. Go play it and see what you think. I'm assuming you would run it in mono at 8 ohms. I'm sure the TT does 8 ohms so you're good there but please check first.

Honestly, I'd probably look for something else. You can get a new Avatar cab for $400 and custom make it however you like. Whatever speakers and even in orange tolex which would look pretty hot.

http://avatarspeakers.com/