Okay I just watched the Devils Rejects and House of 1000 corpses. In anticipation for the new Halloween movie. I also watched a lot of Rob Zombie Videos, after that I watched Halloween the remake by Rob Zombie. I have to say I was apalled. It was for one to gory, it had a lot of inconsistinces with the original, It was overall a bad remake. That being said, the other movies he directed were great horror films. I personally am not a fan of the 2nd movie in the halloween series, so Rob Zombies remake looks to have a way to redeem it maybe. Can someone share there thoughts on the new film.
I don't think the new Halloween is out in cinemas yet. But the first Halloween that was directed by Rob was fvckin awesome. It had everything you want in a horror film. I can't wait to see the next installment.
Quote by jemjabella42
People look too much into body language. Sometimes I don't make eye contact with people because they are ugly.
I loved House of 1000 Corpses, thought it was great but I haven't seen the others.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
the guy is a genious

go back to your disney movies if you are going to complain about "inconistencies"...do you want to see the same thing over and over, or different peoples interpretations and approaches to taking a classic horror film and making it so much more awesome.

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
Quote by flea's trumpet
I don't think the new Halloween is out in cinemas yet. But the first Halloween that was directed by Rob was fvckin awesome. It had everything you want in a horror film. I can't wait to see the next installment.

It was a great horror film, but just not the great horror film me and my brothers grew up watching. Sort of like the Dawn Of The Dead Remake.
TS, don't think of them as remakes but as re-imaginings of the original movies and perhaps you'll appreciate it more. I know people seemed to miss that with Dragonball Evolution.
I thought Halloween was a great remake of the original. Can't wait for the nest one to come out, it should be incredible.
Quote by Tyler Durden
the guy is a genious

go back to your disney movies if you are going to complain about "inconistencies"...do you want to see the same thing over and over, or different peoples interpretations and approaches to taking a classic horror film and making it so much more awesome.

Mr.Carpenter made a great horror film without gore. As it turns out most great horror films have little gore. Alien and Halloween for example. I think of Rob Zombie kept out the blood and added a lot more fear of where is he? Instead of wow look what he did to her, how nasty. It seems to pump more fear in the unknown than to having it thrown in our face. I also dislike the idea of him, killing kids as a kid. It was a good idea, but having him not kill dogs, cats, and small children. It would be much more scary as a spontaneous and random action of killing his sister. Now one element I will comend Mr. Rob Zombie on is how Micheal didn't drive. He was locked away his whole life, so he wouldn't be able to drive. Good going for that.
i thought the remake was pretty good compared to the original but it seemed like he was trying too hard to be "cool".

id like to see him tackle holloween III. that thing was the stupidest piece of crap ive ever seen. unless he wants to make a copletely different movie he should skip it.
Emerse your soul in love

You used to be alright What happened?

Yellow tigers crouched in jungles in her Dark Eyes .
New rule: Rob Zombie must stop making films.

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Stacked up against a lot of remakes, his version of Halloween is great. Especially how it delved into the backstory more.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
His film direction lacks life.

Not really a surprise though......

Anyway, he's kinda hit or miss. 1000 Corpses and Rejects were masterpieces in my mind, Halloween looks pretty bad.
he definetely makes some good movies.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
The Devil's Rejects has one of the greatest endings I've ever seen.

Gunfight set to Free Bird?

FUCK YEAH
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']The Devil's Rejects has one of the greatest endings I've ever seen.

Gunfight set to Free Bird?

FUCK YEAH

I would +1 that, but im scared it would go straight to your head. Or sig.
Oh what the hell.
+1
...In my opinion.
Quote by Benjibum2nd
I would +1 that, but im scared it would go straight to your head. Or sig.
Oh what the hell.
+1

Congratulations Benjibum2nd, you just extended my E-penis by another inch.
Quote by imdeth
This man deserves my +1

+1

Quote by denizenz
Go in peace my son, and teach to the pit dwellers what I have shown unto you.

ಠ_ಠ

XBL: huffy409
I'm looking forward to Halloween 2. Personally I think he did an excellent job on the remake
"Most people are trying to simplify the world. We're definitely here to complicate it." - Dad
Quote by RocksAwakening5
I you for posting this.

<-- Pretty much sums me up

8/7/09

^ I was there
I loved House of 1000 corpses and The Devil's Rejects.

Rob Zombie's Halloween was atrocious compared to his other films. I'm not that big of a fan of the original (it's a good movie, but I prefer A Nightmare on Elm Street, The Evil Dead, etc..) but Rob's Halloween was terrible.

I will see Halloween 2 just because I watch almost every horror movie that comes out, and I like Rob as a director, but Halloween was just too boring.
Quote by Ignite

Once I got out of a pool and it was like 1cm.

Quote by Meths
I think there are few people with a less important opinion on women than you.
"your tits are stupendous. you have like perfect nipple placement"
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
I've seen all of his movies, and I think they're way over the top. I have nothing against bloody movies, but it's almost like he puts in gore for the sake of gore. Blood =/= scary. I understand that the original Halloween is a slasher film, but still. The amount of boobs and blood crammed into the movie makes it hardly enjoyable even for someone as perverted as me to watch
House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects were both amongst my favorite horror films but I agree that Halloween just wasn't really that good. But I think he did as good as someone can possibly do with a remake
Rob's version of Halloween wasnt supposed to be a total remake. I prefer his version to the original
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I don't like him as a director, but I'm not a fan of horror or gore movies, they just don't interest me that much.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
He's one of my favourite artists nowadays. As a B-series horror movies fan, I think House of 1000 Corpses and The Devil's Rejects are incredible films (being the second one of my favourites of all times). His Halloween remake was very well shot, but overall the film seemed a bit weak in comparsion with his previous work. But I think H2 is gonna be great, as well as the upcoming Superbeasto film.
Oh, and I also love his music, both with White Zombie and solo. Damn, this man is great!

PS: To the one who was talking about Dragonball Evolution... the problem isn't that people thought it as part of the original DB saga (which is obvious it has nothing in common with, appart from the name); even if you think of it as a completely new movie, it's a turd of gigantic proportions. Seriously, probably the worst movie I've ever seen, and I've seen MANY! lol
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
I'm not knocking the original but I like the remake a lot more. I got bored watching the original, back then it was probably really good but I didn't find it that great. Rob Zombies was really entertaining, I'll agree that it was a little overdone gore-wise, though (the kid getting beaten with the branch was pretty gross)

And his music is really good too.
Last edited by batman187 at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by shredmeiser101
"your tits are stupendous. you have like perfect nipple placement"

Hmm, that was from Friday 13th remake. Which wasnt directed by Rob Zombie. Had something to do with Michael Bay. Was kinda disappointed by that film. Loved Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning, and Halloween was an awesome film. Zombie said himself it wasnt exactly a remake, more of a re-visioning. So its not gonna be exactly the same