Poll: What should I do about our drummer?
Poll Options
View poll results: What should I do about our drummer?
Kick him right away and look for somebody new
1 2%
Keep him for now but look anyways
24 52%
Keep him and hope he stays
21 46%
Voters: 46.
Okay so our drummer has been asked by another band to be they're drummer and he is already playing with us. Well, he decided he's gonna try to play for both and i've been trying to tell him ne needs to choose which band he wants to play with but all he says is he can do both. He's the only person in my age group that plays drums i mean he's gonna be playing with older high school kids so what should I do? Kick him and look for somebody else, keep him for now and keep searching untill i find another drummer or else keep him and hopes he stays with us?
plenty of musicians play for more than one band. if he can handle it with both than let him. it never hurts to have a backup plan but theres no reason to just kick him out.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
Yeah as long as it's not affecting his performance, it's perfectly fine. If you did at some point decide to kick him out, wait until you have another drummer lined up for sure before you do it. It makes everything a lot easier.
Why wouldn't he be allowed to play in another band at the same time? Who cares?
Its not too difficult to play for two bands, as long as practices are on separate days. Maybe see how it works but look for someone as a back up.
I play Bass and Drums, the instruments that are made fun of

"And there shall be a boy of such extrordinary rhythm section power, that he shall smite all 6-stringed elitists that stand before him"- Nostradamus
Quote by SinisterShadows
Okay so our drummer has been asked by another band to be their drummer and he is already playing with us. Well, he decided he's gonna try to play for both and i've been trying to tell him ne needs to choose which band he wants to play with but all he says is he can do both. He's the only person in my age group that plays drums i mean he's gonna be playing with older high school kids so what should I do? Kick him and look for somebody else, keep him for now and keep searching untill i find another drummer or else keep him and hopes he stays with us?

Fixed - they're and their are different words with different meanings.

That said, who cares if he plays for two projects? Tons of musicians do that, and if it isn't affecting his capacity to play in YOUR bad, what's it matter if he plays in six other groups?
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by strat0blaster
Fixed - they're and their are different words with different meanings.

That said, who cares if he plays for two projects? Tons of musicians do that, and if it isn't affecting his capacity to play in YOUR bad, what's it matter if he plays in six other groups?

the reason i think it could be a problem is because idk if thats going to affect how he does with us and if he remembers the stuff we're doing as well as remembering there stuff
Quote by SinisterShadows
the reason i think it could be a problem is because idk if thats going to affect how he does with us and if he remembers the stuff we're doing as well as remembering there stuff

Until it presents a problem, you're just speculating and making problems. Don't worry about it until he starts missing practices or getting sloppy.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
SinisterShadows, you're what? Fourteen? Point is, its not a big deal bro. You are likely going to be in many bands over many years with many different musicians. Do you know how many bands I've been in since I was 14? When I was in college I played for at least 4 bands every week. And I played a different instrument in each of them. So dont worry about it. If it dosnt affect him, then let it slide.

If you feel like hes not being serious, or that he isnt devoting the time to your band, then talk to him about it. But remember, you are fourteen. You have plenty of time. Dont get your panties in a wad over one drummer. Trust me, even if he flakes out on you, it wont be the last time someone does.

Be young while you are young and dont stress. Best advice I can give you.

peace
Quote by xxdarrenxx

You know music is like 100% sound right?

Affordable prices on Logo designs and band merch. PM me for details.

Obligatory band link \/
www.myspace.com/resetred
You sound like the other guitarist in my old band.

Which is the reason why it's my old band.
Quote by the_white_bunny
your just a simpleton that cant understand strategy apparently.

Quote by the_white_bunny
all hail king of the penis sucking(i said balls. you said dick for some reason?) Isabiggles
I'm totally against members having side bands. In my mind, I find it to be like cheating in real life. Would you still date your girlfriend if she was with another dude and she she tells you , she can date both of you?

When you have a side band, you never give 100% to one bands and that is were my problem is. I personally would boot him.
why would you kick him?

thats just ****ing babyish, if i was offered to play in another band i would take it. not because i wanna ditch my band, its because i just like playing and i would be sure it would be fun. yeah you might think he's being a dick by doing it but there's nothing wrong with it. i heard dave grohl in his early days drummed for 6 bands at the same time and was equally dedicated to all of them..