Ill make it short sweet and straight to the point. I have a Fender Frontman 15G amp that came with my Squire Affinity. Now heres the problem. You ever put on your amp and THEN plug in your quarter inch [guitar chord], and ur bombarded by a wave of distorted feed back for a second or so? Well everytime my quarter inch moves a millimeter in the jack input, that feedback won't stop until i readjust it. Now i've been lucky enough that it only happens with my band at practice and never on stage [thank the gods of rock!] but as the band leader i dont wanna take a chance it'll ever happen on stage. I tried adjusting the jack and even opened the amplifier but just wound up stairing at wires that gave me a headache. Any Help?
Quote by True_Rock_God
Ill make it short sweet and straight to the point. I have a Fender Frontman 15G amp that came with my Squire Affinity. Now heres the problem. You ever put on your amp and THEN plug in your quarter inch [guitar chord], and ur bombarded by a wave of distorted feed back for a second or so? Well everytime my quarter inch moves a millimeter in the jack input, that feedback won't stop until i readjust it. Now i've been lucky enough that it only happens with my band at practice and never on stage [thank the gods of rock!] but as the band leader i dont wanna take a chance it'll ever happen on stage. I tried adjusting the jack and even opened the amplifier but just wound up stairing at wires that gave me a headache. Any Help?

...um
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
well it seems it might be a problem with the prongs keeping it steady, or the jack itself. the only way to test it is to open it up and adjust, or replace the jack. make sure it isnt the cable itself or the jack on your guitar either. i suggest two things:

bring it to a professional to have it looked at or...

get a new amp.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
most likely the jack in your guitar is loose, if you tighten it up it should help.

EDIT: if I took the time to read TS's post it would be a good thing... if the input jack on the amp is the problem, it still might be loose, or it it could just be worn out and if that's the case you'll prolly just need to get a new one and replace it. I would take it to somewhere and have them look at it though, they'll most likely be able to just look at it and tell you what the problem is.
My Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Deluxe HSS
Hagstrom HIIN
Crate Palomino V32H w/ matching cab.
Roland Cube 60
Roland Micro Cube
BOSS ME-20
Digitech Bad Monkey
Art and Lutherie acoustic
Last edited by ninjafingers at Aug 21, 2009,
You play with a Frontman on stage? How do you get over any drummer?

Get a new amp. That's really all the advice I can give you. That or re-solder the jack connections, or get an entirely new jack and install it. If that doesn't work, new amp time.

I'd get a new amp anyways.

(ps, it sounds like you're trying to hard to sound like a rockstar. Tone it down a little, okay? )
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13

(ps, it sounds like you're trying to hard to sound like a rockstar. Tone it down a little, okay? )

+1
Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Epiphone G-400
Laney VC30
Boss DS-2
Okay soldering? Um I'll see what i can find. A friend of myne can solder and if that's all it takes then i just saved some money right? And i no its not my guitar cuz i have Squire Bullet that does the same thing and anyone that uses my amp gets the same feedback so its the amp for sure. Thanx for the help!

BTW I have another amp at use that beats the drummer for that quote lmao.
BTWW Im trying to sound to rockstar? UM lol okay ill try to 'tone it down' lmao
Quote by True_Rock_God

make all the connections before turning on a amp unless your leaving it standby.

and can your friend solder or has he just got a soldering iron.........soldering is a art (especially making a good solder joint)
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Aug 21, 2009,
well if you have another amp..then why dont you keep using that one..
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Well basically because the extra amp i have is about the size of a thirty in plazma tv, not good for full use unless on stage, and i like my old amp. And yes my friend is an artist [professional] so ya he can solder. Ima do that then i guess.