Sorry I ask so many question about amps, I really appreciate. So I've pretty much decided on getting the vypyr 15, I play mostly in my bedroom and if I was to join a band it would be as a vocalist and The volume coming out of my current ten watt amp is plenty loud it just sounds like garbage. So I was wondering, how is the Vypyr 15v for recording, currently I record using a Pocket POD going into the line in on my laptop, I like recording this way and was wondering if, since the vypyr has a headphone jack, this would work for that.

Don't start advising expensive tube amps and equipment as I have a low budget for guitar stuff (I'm saving for bagpipes)

Thanks for any help!
Works great. Plug it in just like you do your Pocket Pod. I have a Vypyr sample clip in my profile connected from the Vypyr headphone jack to the mic input on my integrated sound card. If you do use a mic input then you should turn off the +20db boost int the record control panel.
One more question, Do the extra effects make the 30 worth the $100 more? I've heard that their basically the same as the rack effects on the 15.
I can only speak from using the 30 watt but it is as loud as hell for a 30! You should be fine with the 15 unless you can find a used 30 for a little more maybe? If you definately won't want the pedal in the future i would go for the 15.
Legend.
Quote by bagpipemetal
Sorry I ask so many question about amps, I really appreciate. So I've pretty much decided on getting the vypyr 15, I play mostly in my bedroom and if I was to join a band it would be as a vocalist and The volume coming out of my current ten watt amp is plenty loud it just sounds like garbage. So I was wondering, how is the Vypyr 15v for recording, currently I record using a Pocket POD going into the line in on my laptop, I like recording this way and was wondering if, since the vypyr has a headphone jack, this would work for that.

Don't start advising expensive tube amps and equipment as I have a low budget for guitar stuff (I'm saving for bagpipes)

Thanks for any help!

The vypyr has a headphone jack.

But I HIGHLY recommend the Vypyr 30w. And I know you are on a budget, but the extra volume would help . Plus you get stomp box effects.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Thanks, I'll probably go with the 15 since it has most of the effects I need, but if I do find a used 30 I'll get it.