So, during my venture to GC yesterday, I managed to walk in on a stack of boxes and hardshell cases being freshly opened by my friend "the salesman" and his fellow workmates. I asked what the deal was, and he said that PRS was doing an initiation event, and they had been given a list of 200 PRS models, of which they could choose ten. They chose ten VERY high end models, all retailing for over $3500. Best part is, due to my friendship with "the salesman" and one of his associates, I was able to help them unpack these guitars, and afterwards, was given the opportunity to play any of them. I chose a Hollowbody II in Tortoise Shell finish, and (PAY ****ING ATTENTION RIGHT HUR -> a Modern Eagle II in Charcoal with a flamed top. All of this through a Vox 847 Wah into an Orange AD140. Needless to say, I came. Just thought you guys should know what's going on with PRS lately, as it's very interesting to see what all you guys have gotten at your local GC's.
I R JEALOUS!!

Thats an experience that most of us wont get to enjoy ever...you luck bastard.

How was that Modern Eagle II? Thats sorta one of my dream guitars for the future, and nobody I know (including myself) looks trustworthy enough for a store to allow to play
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Metlhead443
I R JEALOUS!!

Thats an experience that most of us wont get to enjoy ever...you luck bastard.

How was that Modern Eagle II? Thats sorta one of my dream guitars for the future, and nobody I know (including myself) looks trustworthy enough for a store to allow to play

It's a very solid guitar, very well built. It's a little trebley for my tastes, even on the neck pickup, but I'd definitely recommend it, given someone can actually afford the price tag. It felt so great, but in terms of sound, I actually preferred the Washburn HB-35 I tried out after it. has a thicker sound to it.
Oh, how disappointing. After this bit...

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']...he said that PRS was doing an initiation event...

...I was expecting drinking, nudity, and maybe even a goat.
Oh, now I've gone and spilled my tea. This really won't do at all.
Quote by CarpUK
Oh, how disappointing. After this bit...

...I was expecting drinking, nudity, and maybe even a goat.

bahh-ahhhhh-ah.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I actually preferred the Washburn HB-35 I tried out after it. has a thicker sound to it.
Good man.

Anyway, I'm extremely jealous! Its hard for me to find a good PRS dealership that has a good stock, so I've never played one.
Quote by Baby Joel
Good man.

Anyway, I'm extremely jealous! Its hard for me to find a good PRS dealership that has a good stock, so I've never played one.

I'm getting into a lot of flamenco and latin stuff lately, which having a thick sound is great for.
see, now there is a reason i want GC's up hur in canada, i want prs :'(
~Defiant~
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I'm getting into a lot of flamenco and latin stuff lately, which having a thick sound is great for.
You looked into many Fernandes hollowbodies? I hear they apply all of their deep rooted knowledge of flamenco guitar building in all of their electrics, even solidbodies.

EDIT: Wow, I could have sworn they made some hollowbodies... just solid though. And acoustic.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 21, 2009,
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's a very solid guitar, very well built. It's a little trebley for my tastes, even on the neck pickup, but I'd definitely recommend it, given someone can actually afford the price tag. It felt so great, but in terms of sound, I actually preferred the Washburn HB-35 I tried out after it. has a thicker sound to it.
Did you get a chance to try a different amp? Just curious.