okay so i have been using the crate GT15 for the past 7-8 months and i think its about time i get a new amp

i dont need anything fancy i just want a amp where i can plug in pedals (1 is fine like a distortion pedal) and has nice clean/distortion tone

i dont have alot of money ether ( to young for job) i have around 220dollars but i hope to not spend all of it since i need a pedal still
but if its a amp worth the money i'm willing to use all my money

i play mostly metal rock punk thrash (anything rock related)
so if you could give me some links to nice guitar amps that would be great for 220 or less and atleast more than 25 watts if posible
you could look at the roland cubes, they are fairly cheap and i think the quality is really good. they have a great built in distortion (actually like 3-4 different distortions) and other effects that are fun to mess around with. my 2nd amp was the cube 30 and i still use it to practice sometimes

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()
I've heard good things about the Peavey Vyper 30

2001 Ernie Ball Music Man Axis Super Sport
2001 MIM Standard Strat
Peavey Classic 30 112 Combo.
My Gear
save you money until you can get a good amp. no sense hopping from decent amp to decent amp because you're un happy with your tone. save up at least $500, then start looking.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
thanks for the replys well i looked into the peavys but i heard that sometimes they dont work in cold or it doesnt always turn on and all
and roland okay i'll look into that
and well 500 dollars its going to take like 2 years for that and i dont really want to wait that long plus i dont think my parents will let me get like a stack if i save up enough after a 15 watt small amp
Quote by Jhachey22
save you money until you can get a good amp. no sense hopping from decent amp to decent amp because you're un happy with your tone. save up at least $500, then start looking.

well i am planning on getting a nice decent amp for practice then save up like all my money to get a really good amp for mabye band practice and mabye even gigs
Quote by Jhachey22

Are you calling a Crate GT-15 a decent amp?? hmm...Isn't hat like an amp that comes with a starter pack??

Go for a Vyper 30.
I'm sure the stories you've heard about their amps not working in cold or not at all are just like 1 in a million type of thing...
Every Product will have an occasional bad one slip through the Quality Control.

It's like working in computer tech support. You only hear the negative things, no one comments when everything is ok...

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Quote by jonmo1
Are you calling a Crate GT-15 a decent amp?? hmm...Isn't hat like an amp that comes with a starter pack??

Go for a Vyper 30.
I'm sure the stories you've heard about their amps not working in cold or not at all are just like 1 in a million type of thing...

It's like working in computer tech support. You only hear the negative things, no one comments when everything is ok...

yea its a starter amp i didnt get it in a start pack though
i just bought it

and yea i get what u mean i was looking at vypyr 15 but 30 seems nice
thx
Quote by jonmo1

Go for a Vyper 30.

no, i meant that most people will run out and buy a Vypyr or a cube because they're not happy with their tone, then from there they jump to another amp with similar tonal qualities and make slow progress towards getting a new amp.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
well i was gonna buy a decent amp for home playing then save up for a stack amp but idk now i'm having mixed feelings XD
The Vyper or the Roland Cubes are both fine choices for the at home playing.

2001 MIM Standard Strat
My Gear
Quote by Aashraya
well i was gonna buy a decent amp for home playing then save up for a stack amp but idk now i'm having mixed feelings XD

you don't need a stack, or a 1/2 stack. i know everyone has their own opinion, but it's just ludicrous to have one of these. like i said, save up $500 and you can get a really nice used combo.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22

you don't need a stack, or a 1/2 stack. i know everyone has their own opinion, but it's just ludicrous to have one of these. like i said, save up $500 and you can get a really nice used combo.

okay but could u give me some amps that are good? like names or type
cause i dont really know what to get
Quote by Aashraya
okay but could u give me some amps that are good? like names or type
cause i dont really know what to get

some that would be a good goal to save up for:
Valveking + Mods.
Egnater Rebel w/small cab
Traynor Bassmate YBA-1 w/ small cab
fender Blues and Pro jrs
Blackstar HT-5
Vox Nighttrain w/small cab
Krank Rev jr w/cab
Epiphone Blues Custom
Peavey Classic 30
Randall RM20

you can get most of these used for around $500-$600
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
some that would be a good goal to save up for:
Valveking + Mods.
Egnater Rebel w/small cab
Traynor Bassmate YBA-1 w/ small cab
fender Blues and Pro jrs
Blackstar HT-5
Vox Nighttrain w/small cab
Krank Rev jr w/cab
Epiphone Blues Custom
Peavey Classic 30
Randall RM20