So this is one of my post-hardcore style songs. There was really no one instrument that was my main focus, it was just everything as a whole. The vocals are just some rough melody ideas I had, so they're optional. I also wanted to create a nice atmosphere, and I'm happy with how it came out.

I'm in the process of writing more stuff like this, but it'll probably be a while before any of it's finished, because I wanna start focusing on some of my proggressive metal stuff more. Anyways, hope you enjoy and I'll do c4c also when I have time to return crits
Attachments:
Azure shade.zip
Well first off who doesn't like a Rhodes intro lol, works great with the clean guitar too. Also gotta give you props for actually using a good instrument for the "vocals" lol. Chorus was awesome man no complaints anywhere yet.
Did you have any plans for vocals during the break? I could imagine either a sort of soft singing style, or just somethin like Craig Owens with a high pitch loud voice...i dunno either could work I guess
It seems a little short to me, but I guess thats because I'm used to your long prog metal songs lol, but good stuff man its great you're branching out.
I wasnt really sure how much I would enjoy this, in the beginning. But damn, was that a bad assumption.

I thought it was thoroughly excellent. The melodies are just right, and I really like the chord work in the Chorus. In fact, most of the chord work was pretty brilliant. And as usual, the bass and drums stood out as being really well done.

I almost think it wouldnt need vocals, you could just use an oboe keyboard patch or something, and it'd be prefectly fine. I also really liked the rhodes. Reminded me kind of of Nahemah.
I have absolutely nothing useful to say, but I couldn't simply leave without expressing how much I enjoyed listening. Brilliant.

Although honestly, I think this would be perfect as an instrumental. The vocal track could just be played by some other instrument.
Amazing mannn. Reminded me alot of Saosin and some chiodos.

Rhodes intro ruled. and the intro guitar riff was sweet. personally i would have kept it different the whole way through instead of repeating it. but thats me. I usually cant into 5/4 and it seems awkward. but this fit perfectly. Pre chorus was epic. reminded me of chiodos. same as the chorus. epic. it would suit falsetto. mini bridge was nice. i would put screaming and singing in the main theme after the mini bridge. but yeh screaming is too hard to tab out. the break was amazing. the two diff leads over each other worked very well and didnt sound too forced. gah, i was hoping for a epic outro. what you had is still good though.

amazing peice of phc. you should def post some more stuff like this.

c4c?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1186104
Quote by icronic
I have absolutely nothing useful to say, but I couldn't simply leave without expressing how much I enjoyed listening. Brilliant.

Although honestly, I think this would be perfect as an instrumental. The vocal track could just be played by some other instrument.

This!
+1 for instrumental.
I could easily imagine this song on a movie or game OST.
that was amazing!
it reminded me of a mix of the receiving end or sirens and misery signals

really amazing
YEAH DUDE
To be perfectly honest I comment on very few things but to this song I had to make an expection becuase not many songs here make me wanna listen to it twice. At first I was a bit sketchy bout the intro up til bar 10 but the rest was utterly fantastic! If anything I like the use of unconventional chords and arpeggios in the rhythm that use in this piece, it shows that your not afraid to experiment and just go with what sounds right

Keep up the good work mate!
I like steak!