Alright I have a lot of questions.

#1 Digital Delay-
What is the clearest, cleanest digital delay under 150 USD? I would use it for things like Angels and Airwaves, some ambient metal stuff, and just general cleans. I was looking a Boss dd-3 or a Digitech DigiDelay.

#2 Bridge Pickup-
I would like a bridge pup for an agathis guitar that would sound great for Blink 182, Lamb of God, Behemoth, Winds of Plague, Rammstein, and Angels And Airwaves. I would like a very clear tone, very middy, and can be used for cleans as well. I was thinking maybe a SD custom shop invader, or a SD 59'. Budget is 85 USD.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Hey hey man!

For Digital Delay, I really recommend the Boss DD-6. I had one for a long time and I still kind of miss it. Great tone for an affordable Digital Delay, and tons of features.

For bridge p/u, I recommend a P90. Clean grit from the single coil, but very mid heavy and humbucker like, but much less muddy.

Good luck!
Quote by Mr. Jiggy Fly
Hey hey man!

For Digital Delay, I really recommend the Boss DD-6. I had one for a long time and I still kind of miss it. Great tone for an affordable Digital Delay, and tons of features.

For bridge p/u, I recommend a P90. Clean grit from the single coil, but very mid heavy and humbucker like, but much less muddy.

Good luck!

I will certainly look into the DD-6. The p-90 will absolutely not work for the metal though. Thanks for the suggestions!
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Yeah the DD-6 is an awesome delay. But for the bridge pickup I would look into a Seymour Duncan JB or a high-output DiMarzio of some kind. However, it will be hard to find a pickup that will sound equally good with Tom Delonge as with extreme metal.
for a delay, Boss' DD line (DD3, DD6, DD7, DD20) and Hardwire's Delay are both great choices. which ever one fit's your budget should do just fine.

as for the bridge pickup, Tom uses a Dirty Fingers humbucker in his signature guitar. it is a high out put pickup, so it may get muddy if you use heaps of gain.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
for a delay, Boss' DD line (DD3, DD6, DD7, DD20) and Hardwire's Delay are both great choices. which ever one fit's your budget should do just fine.

as for the bridge pickup, Tom uses a Dirty Fingers humbucker in his signature guitar. it is a high out put pickup, so it may get muddy if you use heaps of gain.

True, but you can't get a great clean sound out of those so TS won't like that I'm afraid.
Quote by TheOpenMind
Yeah the DD-6 is an awesome delay. But for the bridge pickup I would look into a Seymour Duncan JB or a high-output DiMarzio of some kind. However, it will be hard to find a pickup that will sound equally good with Tom Delonge as with extreme metal.

I totally understand that it will be difficult. That's why I was thinking maybe a medium output like a 59' would work well, because you don't really need high output for metal. I've heard that JB's can get a little bit ice picky, and like to use a decent amount of treble, so it's out.

EDIT: I don't believe for a second Tom uses invaders or dirty fingers for cleans like on "What's My Age Again?" or "Everything's Magic".
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab
Line 6 POD X3 Live
Last edited by WSR66 at Aug 21, 2009,
Hmm... Maybe a DiMarzio Air Norton? That's medium output, or SD Custom Custom. The SD Alternative 8 also looks promising. It has the power of a ceramic magnet (metal) pickup with the smoothness of an Alnico 5 (garage/old punk) pickup.
Quote by TheOpenMind
Hmm... Maybe a DiMarzio Air Norton? That's medium output, or SD Custom Custom. The SD Alternative 8 also looks promising. It has the power of a ceramic magnet (metal) pickup with the smoothness of an Alnico 5 (garage/old punk) pickup.

I'm not sure about those. The '59 looks good because Lamb of God use it, and its medium output. Maybe also an SH-2, SH-11 or a custom shop SH-8. Any thoughts? and thanks guys.
LTD JD 600
Fender Celtic Esquire
Ibanez RGA7
Schecter S-1 Elite
Line 6 FM4
KORG Pitchblack
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Wah
Ibanez TS-9
ISP Decimator
Peavey 6505 Halfstack
Marshall 1960b Cab