EDIT: Sorry, in the title I meant the BH-15h.

Hey guys, I posted a which amp thread not so long ago, and somebody recommended me the Blackheart Handsome Devil.

I'm looking to buy the head with a Harley Benton G212 Vintage cabinet, with Celestion speakers.

I haven't actually played this amp, and it will be very difficult for me to actually play it, because no local shops actually stock this amp; I'll have to buy it online.

Basically, I'm very interested in the amp, I love it already judging by the pro demo videos on Youtube. I was wondering what people say about this amp.

If there are any other suggestions, but budget is probably about £400, this cannot stretch at all. I play older stuff such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Rush, and maybe a bit of Metallica (but not often), as well as some John Mayer, and some original stuff.

I will be playing in rehearsals with a band in the future and maybe small gigs (but the amp can always be mic'd)

Thanks.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Last edited by LezPaulEpiphone at Aug 21, 2009,
I was thinking of getting one but couldnt try one out anywhere, so i went to local music shop and sat and played on the blackstar ht5 instead, so i think im gonna be getting the ht5.

You did choose a very good cab so id stick with that, but if you really think you like it enough to get it without trying it out thats up 2 you.

For practice wouldnt have to mic would be loud enough easily, gigs maybe though.

Sound is classic rock and could be ok for more heavey songs with the gain up so it will fit your genres perfectly.

From what ive seen there great amps and i would get one if it was in the local music store. And how much have you found it for? i found it very cheap on one site: http://www.turnkey.co.uk/product.php?itemid=7852

Hope that helps you out a bit, lewis

VOX AC15VR
Vintage les paul

Gone digital! NI audio 8 into guitar rig and ableton live!

AWESOME!
I've got the Little Giant. I love the amp. Its a far cry from my Frontman 15R.

Now then, for an honest review. The cleans can leave something to be desired. They're passable at best stock, but would probably be helped tremendously by a tube change. The highs can be very biting and harsh, again something that would be smoothed out by a tube change. The amp is truely meant to be driven though. The overdriven tone is fantastic. It has a bit of a wet sound to it if that makes sense.

The best thing about the amps is that they're made to be modded. The Blackheart website has links to 3 or 4 different sites with mod kits.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Thanks very much guys.

I'm probably going to get it now, as you've both have given positive reviews.
I've heard a few more clips as well; still very impressed.

Anyone with more opinions?
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Any Blackheart amp would be perfect for what you play. They have great cleans for John Mayer stuff, amazing overdrives for Rush and Led Zep. I personally like the Little Giant better because its much simpler, although the Handsome Devil only has 2 other knobs than the Little Giant (i think.. presence and drive, right?)... They have the same basic sound though, great for blues, classic rock, etc.
Quote by ItsOnlyGNR
Any Blackheart amp would be perfect for what you play. They have great cleans for John Mayer stuff, amazing overdrives for Rush and Led Zep. I personally like the Little Giant better because its much simpler, although the Handsome Devil only has 2 other knobs than the Little Giant (i think.. presence and drive, right?)... They have the same basic sound though, great for blues, classic rock, etc.

Yeah, Presence and Drive are the only 2 extras.
Thanks man
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
*bump*

Anyone else know anything about the Blackheart BH-15h and the Harley Benton 212 cab?, I really need to make sure about getting the right amp, I don't have enough money to be able to buy something then buy something different...
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by stykerwolf
The Harley Benton cab is pretty good from what i hear, and it's wood is thick so it will give you great quality with good responce.
The Blackheart 15watter is a good amp, though people make fun of it for some reason, beats me on what it is though.

Thanks man, I was a bit unsure about that cab, but thanks

Anyone else? (sorry about this, but I really need to be sure before getting it )
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
One more question, then I'll promise I'll shut up

Okay, My 15watt SS cube worked okay in band practise is a small room, although it sounded horrible at that volume. Would the 15watt Blackheart (Tube) be able to keep up? It's only for rehearsals, it can always be mic'd up for live performances.
I'm just worried about how clean it will stay at that volume, and if I would be able to maintain a relatively clean tone for when I need it? It would have to keep up with vocals, drums, another guitarist (maybe).

Thanks, sorry to keep bothering you guys
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Oh Lord yes. Blackhearts are LOUD amps.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Natrone
Oh Lord yes. Blackhearts are LOUD amps.

Thanks a lot man, I'm reassured.

I probably gonna get this amp in a few months time, get ready for a "NAD!" thread!
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!