Page 1 of 5
actually have the most narrow music taste? its pretty funny. i dunno how often i read on facebook "i listen to everything!" which to them includes classic rock, butt rock, and some rap.

very silly.
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
I don't know, I personally don't care about other's music tastes I wish everyone felt like that though.
Blog Of Awesome UGers.
Quote by OddOneOut
I seem to attract girls.
Which is annoying, cos I'm a girl and I like cock.

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Being an idiot should be illegal too.
everyone takes the threads i make way to seriously. this is the pit haha. its not like my day is affected by seeing that. its just funny, and i get a quick laugh out of seeing people agree/disagree
Quote by shakin'cakes
First of all, I enjoy deathcore for it's complexity and it's the only genre heavy enough for me

Quote by Highway60Bob
I want an amp good for playing hippie tunes. I want it to be an actual amp, not a tube amp.
Quote by Dirge Humani
I had a butt rock once. It was really uncomfortable.

I've had kidney stones. Similar experience I'd imagine.

I listen to everything at least once.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Yes. It pisses me off to no end. That's why I try to avoid using the phrase, even though I really do listen to a very wide range of genres. Including jazz and classical (especially contemporary classical), which always seems to be absent from these folks' 'everything.'

What they mean by 'everything' is 'everything that's shoved down my throat by the media,' as opposed to others, who are more selective in what is shoved down their throats.
*Looks at library, which has classical, rap, R&B, blues, metal, punk, grunge, Indian, folk, jazz, Spanish, tribal, reggae, funk, to name a few*

Nope, you've just got narrow-eared Facebook friends.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
It really pisses me off alot when people say that, it's like **** that. Thats one of the first things i ask people when I'm getting to know them. Alot of them say that but I'm like no, no you do not, do you listen to death metal, do you listen to folk? an they say no and im like stfu. But there's a couple people i have met that say they like pretty much anything, and some of them i actually just believe.
It's one of the more things that is commonly said. No, you do not listen to everything. Shut up.
PM me for newts
Quote by Eminored
Everything is too mainstream for me. I only listen to the most obscure genres around. Like stuff that's not even on Wikipedia.

I have one of those friends, its so goddamn annoying.
If someone else listens to it, he denies even liking it in the first place.
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Depends on the person. I know people who truly listen to everything. Personally, I'll give any music a go, no matter what.

+1
Im willing to listen to anything....i have "metal" friends that recommend songs to me but also "indie" friends "jazz" people the list goes on and on really..

so in fact i do listen to alot of stuff but that doesnt mean i like all of it (see my favorite bands...the most mainstream list you may EVER see)

Erm...i dont really know where i was going with this actually but i do believe that you can have a very widespread intrest in genres??
Quote by Dirge Humani
I had a butt rock once. It was really uncomfortable.

Quote by blackenedktulu
CFH82, I love you. I didn't laugh, but my god, I love you.

Quote by Zero-Hartman
Holy shit, that was epic. A mighty roar escapeth'd my mouth.

Quote by WyvernOmega
I saw a penis.

last.fm
I see so many people saying stuff like this, it's so irritating because it's rarely ever true. In fact, I think the only person I know who really does listen to - and enjoy - music from pretty much every genre out there is my girlfriend. I managed to slip her a few Metal songs and albums which she enjoyed, but I think the darker side of the genre may be lost on her.

Still, I'm open to all forms of music, but happen to dislike most of them when I hear them.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by necrosis1193
*Looks at library, which has classical, rap, R&B, blues, metal, punk, grunge, Indian, folk, jazz, Spanish, tribal, reggae, funk, to name a few*

Nope, you've just got narrow-eared Facebook friends.

I think Indian music's really cool, but I have no idea where to start, besides Ravi Shankar and Zakir Hussain. Do you have any recommendations?
Quote by Holy Katana

What they mean by 'everything' is 'everything that's shoved down my throat by the media,' as opposed to others, who are more selective in what is shoved down their throats.

haha very true.

ps butt rock: nickelback, shinedown, stone sour, godsmack, ect...
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
i find that it's usually that they cannot distinguish between good and bad music.

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I say that, and I do. But obviously their are some things I don't like.

But it basicly means I give everything a go.

As long as it sounds good
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
My music library goes everywhere, from every subgenre of metal to country, to rap, jazz, jazz-funk, rock, trance, folk...
Quote by Levi79
It really pisses me off alot when people say that, it's like **** that. Thats one of the first things i ask people when I'm getting to know them. Alot of them say that but I'm like no, no you do not, do you listen to death metal, do you listen to folk? an they say no and im like stfu. But there's a couple people i have met that say they like pretty much anything, and some of them i actually just believe.

That's a great way to alienate people and make yourself look like an asshole.
two and a half men.
Quote by Holy Katana
I think Indian music's really cool, but I have no idea where to start, besides Ravi Shankar and Zakir Hussain. Do you have any recommendations?

Well, there are plenty to pick from, but lately I've been listening to Ronu Majumdar, the Gundecha Brothers, and the recently-deceased Ali Akbar Khan, who in addition to being skillful also has probably my favourite middle name ever.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by severed-metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pKjF41Yx1k

Portal - Black Houses

Let's just see about this positive attitude towards trying other music!

Is the sound quality supposed to be horrid? If so they achieved their goals.
Sounded like a bunch of large angry hornets.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Last edited by Jackal58 at Aug 21, 2009,
I listen to everything
prolly not everything, but i used to be a country only,then rap only,then metal only, then classic rock only, then blues only, then went through a time of techno and jpop

now ive decided i can listen to pretty much anything
through past grudges i am very open minded now
Well, I'll listen to just about anything. I'm rather more discriminating concerning what I'll pay for, or actually go to the bother of downloading.
But there are a few things that I will ALWAYS turn off(like Happy Hardcore).
Quote by Gates67
I listen to everything
prolly not everything, but i used to be a country only,then rap only,then metal only, then classic rock only, then blues only, then went through a time of techno and jpop

now ive decided i can listen to pretty much anything
through past grudges i am very open minded now

have you every listened to hardcore? screamo? post-rock? indie? you have far from listened to everything and i highly doubt you would find those genres something you like. again showing your ignorance.
Quote by shakin'cakes

Quote by Highway60Bob
Quote by Jackal58
Is the sound quality supposed to be horrid? If so they achieved there goals.
Sounded like a bunch of large angry hornets.

That's the point, kids these days, huh...

You should see them on stage, they're absolutely terrifying ,seeing as how the vocalist where's a rather large clock on his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emrBZZtGFgI

or some form of helmet..
Most people that listen to ''everything'' just listen to the most mainstream bands of that genre, for metal that would be bands like: Metallica,Bullet For My Valentine,Slipknot etc etc... When you ask them about the bands that are actually good,and not really well known you get:

''So do you like Kivimetsän Druidi?''

''Kiwimatson Triuwhatthe****?''
Quote by HalfBlackJack
In the good old days of PS2 sony would send me out new consoles for fun!

PS2 just died for no reason? new console : )
Coffee spilt all over it? new console : )
Got pissed on in the night???? new console : )

I miss pissing on consoles : (
Page 1 of 5