Ok so I've been debating on new speakers to pickup for my 2x12 cab. Well particularly one new speaker. I have 80's JCM800 2x12 cab that originally was fitted with celeston gt-75's I believe. (80's as well). Well i thought they sounded pretty muddy so I swapped out one for a Celestion Vintage 30 to get some more clarity. It sounds better now but i feel it could be great with something else.

Does anyone have any suggestions that i could pair up with the Vintage 30. I've checked out a lot of Celestions, and am thinking the g12H30 would sound good, but I know a lot of people talk about other manufacturers (eminance, tone tubby, weber) and just though you might have some suggestions to look into.

I'd like to keep it under $150. My current amps are Marshall JCM 800 2204 50watt and a Orange Tiny Terror. I like to play everything but mostly play hard rock stuff.
Eminence Private Jack.
Clip of a comparison using a Mesa Mark IV here. V30 on the left, PJ on the right.
http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/UnsignedRecords/
/thread
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
Last edited by Shinozoku at Aug 21, 2009,
wow thats a nice demo. The V30 sounds like it has more clarity in the cleans but the private jack sounded good crunchy but they both sounded real good together. (i'm assuming you blended the two on the last parts of each bit). I might have to look into those now. Thanks.