Hello,
I have an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 made of basswood, H-S-H Format with a 5 way selector (Bridge, Bridge middle, Middle, Middle Neck, Neck. A Humbucker From Hell will be going into the neck and Norton will be in the neck. I play metal such as Paul Gilbert, Satch, Megadeth from Rust In Peace era, to Neo-classical and alot of other genres. My current setup is fine for the stuff I play, but those are just ideas for the sound I'm kinda in.

I'm looking for a good single coil humbucker from Dimarzio that will compliment the two I have. I play mostly distortion stuff and the Humbucker From Hell and Norton are very good when it comes to that, Extraordinary at cleans for me. I have a choice to switch out my Middle Single coil though since I have extra money to switch out my INF3S coil I currently have. So I'm thinking, why not? Would it be wrong to get pickups such as the FT-2 or Super Dist S(replicated after the full size humbucker) to use with the two Neck and bridge humbuckers I have? Any Input?
Quote by Mix Master
Hello,
I have an Ibanez RG4EXFM1 made of basswood, H-S-H Format with a 5 way selector (Bridge, Bridge middle, Middle, Middle Neck, Neck. A Humbucker From Hell will be going into the neck and Norton will be in the neck. I play metal such as Paul Gilbert, Satch, Megadeth from Rust In Peace era, to Neo-classical and alot of other genres. My current setup is fine for the stuff I play, but those are just ideas for the sound I'm kinda in.

I'm looking for a good single coil humbucker from Dimarzio that will compliment the two I have. I play mostly distortion stuff and the Humbucker From Hell and Norton are very good when it comes to that, Extraordinary at cleans for me. I have a choice to switch out my Middle Single coil though since I have extra money to switch out my INF3S coil I currently have. So I'm thinking, why not? Would it be wrong to get pickups such as the FT-2 or Super Dist S(replicated after the full size humbucker) to use with the two Neck and bridge humbuckers I have? Any Input?

How bout a YJM in the middle? High gain lead tones on that thing is quite different from the humbucker from hell or norton, I can't quite describe it but theres that certain oomph to it when shredding on it. I guess its because its so clean sounding even on high gain settings and doesn't have that typical humbucker sound.
I heard it's the pickup that picks up your mistakes correct? I'm pretty clean For my own runs and such but I'm not really sure how much it actually picks up actually lol.