Hi,

I need to get a fatter tone out of my strat and my MXR 10-band EQ helps pretty well by boosting the mids but I feel it needs some more boost...

I'm currently hesitating between getting a Seymour Duncan pickup booster, a Demeter Fat-Boost or another 10-band EQ to put one in the beginning and the other in the end of the FX loop.

What would you guys suggest ?
Does it work to put 2 EQ pedals in series or is it just redondant ?

Thanks
you have a single coil? If yes, how about changing it for a stacked humbucker?
To buy:

Line 6 MM4
Voodoo Lab power
Mesa Boogie Single rectifier
Done
Boss TU-3 Done
Shure SM58 Done

OUCH MY WALLET
2 EQs seems pointless to me, but i've rarely used them. i would recommend a booster like the MXR/CAE Boost/Overdrive. it's a clean boost and a overdrive built into one pedal.

actually, what are you using your OD2 for? how is it set up?
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
You may require a pickup swap or maybe try increasing your string gauge one level and tuning down a half step.
MARSHALL JVM 210H
PEAVEY JSX
KRANK 412
MESA 412
FENDER STRATS
DIMARZIO
CELESTION
Two EQs would be pointless.

Maybe buy an EQ with more boost? Try turning the mids up on your amp?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Jhachey22
2 EQs seems pointless to me, but i've rarely used them. i would recommend a booster like the MXR/CAE Boost/Overdrive. it's a clean boost and a overdrive built into one pedal.

actually, what are you using your OD2 for? how is it set up?

It's set up to be used as an overdrive, I feel it isn't transparent enough to be used as a clean boost and I can't dial precise frequencies with the tone control.
Quote by slappyx
It's set up to be used as an overdrive, I feel it isn't transparent enough to be used as a clean boost and I can't dial precise frequencies with the tone control.

... i thought precise frequencies were the EQ's job
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Quote by Jhachey22
... i thought precise frequencies were the EQ's job

Yeah yeah you're right but I don't feel I have ENOUGH boost on the frequencies I want, that's the point
Quote by slappyx
Yeah yeah you're right but I don't feel I have ENOUGH boost on the frequencies I want, that's the point

then i would suggest a very clean or transparent boost and put it after the EQ to make the change more dramatic. like a Moolon booster or a flying dragon boost.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater