I recently bought a guitar from the US (I'm in Canada) and I used USPS for my carrier. Does anyone know how much the up front fee (Canada customs) will be or give a estimate?

If you are a Canadian and bought a guitar or amp from the US, please tell me how much the extra fee was. It would help a lot.
Depends on the original retail price of the gear is/was and where they were made. Happen to have any specifics? USPS was a good choice though, piiiles cheaper through customs than UPS or Fed Ex.
Quote by mattvl
Depends on the original retail price of the gear is/was and where they were made. Happen to have any specifics? USPS was a good choice though, piiiles cheaper through customs than UPS or Fed Ex.

Its a dean Ml with hardcase
Shipping weight is 25 pounds
I haven't noticed the weight make a difference at customs. If it's made in the USA then the duty if free because of NAFTA, but if not I think my Epi Les Paul Standard would have been similar and I believe it was around 40 bucks...although I can't really remember at this point...something like that I think. No promises though.
Last edited by mattvl at Aug 21, 2009,
It depends where you got it from. When I bought my Agile (shipped from the US), the customs fees were included in the final price.

Have your credit card on hand when the delivery man comes to your door....
gear

Epiphone SG-400
Agile AL-3100
Schecter Damien-7 (EMG 707 swap)
Peavey JSX Head
Peavey 412 Cab
Boss GT-10
Yamaha FG720S Acoustic
Quote by Demonazzz
It depends where you got it from. When I bought my Agile (shipped from the US), the customs fees were included in the final price.

Have your credit card on hand when the delivery man comes to your door....

I'm only 17. I don't think I'm allow to get one BUT I will have cash on hand (can I use debt card?)

BTW how much was your fee?

One guitar is getting shipped from White Plains, New York, United States and the other West Des Moines, IA, United States to Toronto, ON
Last edited by herman ri2 at Aug 21, 2009,