Page 1 of 2
I just saw THIS on Gibson's website and I think they've run out of high quality drugs in their product development department and have switched to household cleaning chemicals. They're taking a cue from Martin Guitars - "If Martin can sell guitars with plywood necks then we can sell an iconic guitar shape with a plywood body for $2000..."

Please tell me I'm not the only one that thinks Gibson is going downhill fast.

Here's a pic of it...

Really, Gibson? The Eye Guitar, Reverse V, Holy Explorer and V...and now this?!
We've all seen it, searchbar.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
omg, STOP MAKING THREADS! We've all seen it.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.
Psychedelic.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by whitenihilist
Ugghh I never wanted to see that pictuare again.

and your late man. *insert searchbar joke*

Sorry. I don't get to Gibson's site very often and I missed the thread(s) about it. I'll try to remember search bar first when something compells me to comment.
Quote by Pencil Man
omg, STOP MAKING THREADS! We've all seen it.

Save that for somebody who actually makes tons of threads. I almost never make new threads and I'm ****ing sorry to bring up a sore subject. You could lighten up, though.
Really sad. I've heard it because the current CEO is a ****ing moron. All these new models are retarded, especially the reverse explorer. On top of that, even their decent guitars are overpriced.
Quote by rancidryan
Do they come with heroin because I heard thats the only reason Dave Mustaine used them

"The power of the riff compels me"
Bury Me In Smoke
ew..ew..EW..EWWWWWWWW

AAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGG

*DIES OVERDRAMTICALLY*
Quote by carpepax
Save that for somebody who actually makes tons of threads. I almost never make new threads and I'm ****ing sorry to bring up a sore subject. You could lighten up, though.

I wasn't talking about you specifically, but everyday someone feels the need to bring the Zoot Suit to town.
Quote by SlackerBabbath

I also have hairy butt cheeks, I once shaved a letter 'W' on each cheek, so that when I bent over it spelled WoW.

warning, some of the contents of this post may not necessarily be completely true.

Been done to death dude.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Gibson have officially lost the plot. I'm awaiting the Turd Shape guitar
Bands:
Native State
A Titan, A Deity
Rash L.A

Gear:
PRS P245 Semi Hollow
Suhr Modern Guthrie Spec
Mayones Regius 7 Buckeye Burl
LSL CVS Studio Strat
Fender American Standard Tele
Faith Hi Gloss Venus

Mesa Lonestar Special
Bugera 333
Zilla 2x12 Fatboy
Line 6 PodHD500
the insanely ugly color i can live with (people like weird things...) but the thing that kills me about this guitar is the laminated body and neck. come on! i don't want to pay $2000 for a guitar that's glued together.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Looks like my Diablo if it turned gay.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Yeah, I said in a previous thread and still feel this way:

If I used one of those guitars for anything more than a comic photo, I would kick my own as$.
Some of the color variatons look actually pretty nice, but I wouldn't buy it over a SG Standard.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
The one that's kinda tan and the one that's black and red are cool.

But then you have the lollipop and the Peter Parker...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by JesusCrisp
Some of the color variatons look actually pretty nice, but I wouldn't buy it over a SG Standard.

Nobody would!
Well, I hope nobody would...
It'd be a good idea to buy one. Imagine in 20 years how much it'll be worth, cause no-one else on the planet is going to buy one.
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
A laminate body for $2000. Way to go Gibson, thumbs up
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Pencil Man
I wasn't talking about you specifically, but everyday someone feels the need to bring the Zoot Suit to town.

Right on. Didn't know that. I just haven't been on UG as frequently in the past few weeks so I never saw it until I browsed the Gibson site today.

If guitar companies pay any attention to the comments made by folks like us on forums like these, can we have enough threads and posts saying "YUCK!!" in hopes they get the message?

I get your point, though.

Quote by DSOTM80
A laminate body for $2000. Way to go Gibson, thumbs up

That's what I thought when I saw it. Gibson's taking a cue from Martin, from which you can't get a solid wood neck on any model under $1,000.

Mindblowing that this Zoot gimp guitar, with a laminate - I rephrase: a PLYWOOD - body and neck costs more than the SG Standard!
Last edited by carpepax at Aug 21, 2009,
I prefer my SGs to be white with one pickup
Last edited by carl drew at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by carpepax
That's what I thought when I saw it. Gibson's taking a cue from Martin, from which you can't get a solid wood neck on any model under $1,000.

Correction. You can't get a body or neck from Martin that is made out of any kind of wood for under $1000.

HPL is basically this grey goop they throw sawdust in and bake to the shape they want.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Plywood... On a Gibson... And laminate... For $2000... I think this is a sign of the apocalypse... Wait no it's not. Gibson has been doing **** like this for a while now. The higher ups must be retarded there.
"Then I just had a cage full of mice."
i like it
Fender Strat 60th Anniv HotRoded
others

Marshall 1980 JMP 2203
Marshall JCM900 1960A Cab
Valve Jr.

VOX v847a Modded
EHX Small Clone Modded
Maxon OD-820
MXR 1978 Flanger
Digitech Whammy
TC Polytune
Custom LPB-1 Boost
Gibson's good a making ugly guitar these recent years... *cough* Reverse Explorer *cough* Reverse Flying V *cough*
some of them look bad ****in ass

you can not tell me that those guitars arent attention grabbers
2008 M.I.A. HSS Strat
Marshall JCM 900 50w Dual Reverb
Last edited by LPstudioWRz28 at Aug 22, 2009,
I like the looks, would be a cool stage guitar.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Most of the people that complain about what Gibson does or say they have qc probs can't afford one anyway.

I think it's cool. I wouldn't buy one (because i have a bunch of SGs already) but I like it.
Way to show only the rainbow one but none of the other amazing colors, just to make a thread against Gibson. You just failed in the first post, good job.

The other colors are absolutely perfect. I saw one at my local shop, it had the black and white paint job. It is by far the coolest guitar I've ever seen.

The holy explorer kicks ass as well.
I rather like it. If Clapton has played that in the 60's, people would be all over it.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Page 1 of 2