So the fuse in my bass amp blew, and Radio shack doesn't have the one I need . I need a 1.25 A/ 250V......RS only has 1.0A, and 1.5A......
So first of all, would it be ok to replace it with a 1.5A? And if not, where else could I find the proper fuse?
And second of all, this is the second time this has happened recently--should I replace it with a slow-blow, or fast-acting fuse?
Its an Ibanez SW20 bass amp. It says it's the "primary fuse"(I believe it is the only one, but I don't know for sure )
Quote by speeddemon93
Bump(I don't know if bumping is against the rules, let me know if it is and I'll gladly stop )
Be REASONABLE if you bump and you won't have a problem. You waited nearly a day. That's reasonable, given the pace of this forum.

Increasing the rating of the fuse will decrease the protection it offers.
A fuse is meant to blow to prevent excessive current from flowing and damaging your amp. But going from 1.25A to 1.5A isn't that big of a change.

Definitely use a fast-acting or standard type fuse, NOT a time delay or slow-blo. Since you're increasing the rating, you don't want to be able to allow even more current to flow for a longer time.

IF the fuse tends to blow during start-up, you might even use a 1A slow-blow to replace a 1.25A standard.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Ok, I think I'm gonna use a 1.25A slow-blow(I found some on amazon). It will be safe to use a slow-blow as long as I'm not increasing the rating, right?
Quote by speeddemon93
Ok, I think I'm gonna use a 1.25A slow-blow(I found some on amazon). It will be safe to use a slow-blow as long as I'm not increasing the rating, right?
Safe is a relative word. Increasing the current rating is less safe. Increasing the time delay is less safe. Will this still allow enough safety margin? Impossible to say.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.