i am in the process of returning to playing guitar after being unable to play for over a year,due to having a year out before i go to university. my current guitar an encore gothic les paul is broken and is not worth repairing, so i am looking at buying a new guitar to learn on.
my current amp is a tenson scream 15 which i will replace later on with either a roland cube 30 x, peavey vyper 30 or vox vt30.
i am interested in playing all types of rock, some metal and some blues.
i have a budget of €300 and any recomendations are greatly appreciated.
Why not just buy an epi les paul? If you liked your gothic just stick with it. you can probably get an epi goth for about that much
Quote by somekid413
Why not just buy an epi les paul? If you liked your gothic just stick with it. you can probably get an epi goth for about that much

i likw the looks of the gothic les paul and the gothic series but i just see the point of them especially without inlays i would just get confused with which fret i'm using.

i forgot to mention that my local guitar stores don't realy stock decent guitars so i would not be able to try any out.
well the real question you have to answer to get any real help is what kind of music are you interested in playing? I mean, different guitars are going to sound different so we all need to know what you're looking for in one man =)
Gear:
Fender Classic Series 50's Strat
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
Owns the under 5'2" hotties.
Quote by JTBach
well the real question you have to answer to get any real help is what kind of music are you interested in playing? I mean, different guitars are going to sound different so we all need to know what you're looking for in one man =)

i mentioned that in my original post i said i was looking to play all types of rock, some metal and some blues
wow I totally missed that line -face palm- I'm sorry I've been up for forty-eight hours and need sleep.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
Looks like Harry Potter about to fly an old biplane. A lady killer, but the ladies cannot figure out which state he's from - Indiana, or Pennsylvania?
I highly recommend the Vintage V100! It's a Les Paul copy with a great tone and better quality than the Epi LPs! It would also suit any styles you'd desire to play.
I would look into either Cort guitars (plenty around the $300 USD range that are actually really good) or Godin guitars. Both are really well built, cheap and really under rated. I would never really recommend an epiphone that is in the price range. All of them I have played have been crap and have crappy build quality.
FS LTD EC-50 with GFS PowerRails Bridge pickup
I third the Cort suggestion.
Gear:
Vox VT15 amp
Bongos

Quote by BillyRamone
since cort is coming up alot can you please tell me which models i should take a look at, i also have the problem that these guitars are not stocked in my locality so i would have to get it online
i think an hss strat would be good for you. they do blues and electric blues great and just switch to the hb and you can get a great rock tone, easy to play and cheap.
~Defiant~