Page 1 of 3
I'm trying to sell it as we speak. It needs a new pot and some pickguard screws. But I'm too lazy to buy the parts, do the work, take pictures, and make the listing. So it just sits in the corner collecting dust. But I don't like anything about it and I have much better guitars, so it may be different for me. I have no reason to ever pick it up again.
Probably not, I get attached to things like that too easily. It just gathers dust though so I was thinking of modding it in some way, turning it into a project.

I wish I could just grow a set of balls and sell it though!
Gibson SG Diablo . Fender Cali Series Strat . Modded Epi Firebird . Seagull 25th Anniv. CW
Korg Pitchblack > Vox V847 >
Big Muff π TW >
Boss OC-3 > Memory Boy
Vox AD50VT
Probably not. Its a junky first act but I may never sell it. I'll mess around with it as a project guitar since I'm interested in guitar repair. I'll use the pickup casing to build my own humbucker, I'll level the neck, I'll refinish it... It seems rather lightweight even compared with my Squier Telecaster but I don't have to worry about messing it up much since it only cost me $25.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Don't think so. Gonna paint it like the St. Andrews Cross

Do I need to take it apart if I'm going to re-paint it?
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by Yerjam
Probably not, I get attached to things like that too easily. It just gathers dust though so I was thinking of modding it in some way, turning it into a project.

I wish I could just grow a set of balls and sell it though!

Thats a good idea. Im the same as you, I should really get my finger out and learn how these thigns work, but just cant really afford the time/worried I would ruin it. Ive always quite liked the idea that if I ever have kids that they would learn on the same guitar that I did
yes. in fact, i already did...sorta.

my first GUITAR was a crappy silvetone bass i got cuz my older bro had an electric and my lil bro planned on gettin drums, so i thought we would be able to jam. then i decided i hate palying bass, and got an electric. the bass i sold. i have my first electric still, but i guess i would sell it if i could. dont think i would get much for a used squier bullet though. maybe $20.
Save Gibson

^Do it, if you want Gibson to stop with the poor QC and terrible new guitars...
I still got mine and I don't plan on selling it any time soon. I got it 7 years ago when I decided I wanted to play guitar, and it's been the best thing to ever happen to me. It isn't even expensive either. It cost me £150 and it still sounds good. I reckon it needs a decent set-up but I hardly play Acoustic these days to warrant spending money on it. I actually have been thinking of buying a new one. However, my younger brother uses the Acoustic I started with so maybe he can get the same use out of it that I got.

Most of the stuff I know. I learned on that thing.
Ibanez Jem 7V-WH
PRS Custom 24
ESP Ltd EC1000
No, nobody would want to buy a squier that's been beat to hell, had most of the finish sanded off, and completely dismantled.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
No I would not. I love my two horned baby
Turtles R awesome. dont agree? YOU GO TO HELL, YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!

PSN: Purple-munky

Gear...
Ion - acoustic guitar.
Cort KX1Q - i smashed it
Fender Super Champ XD 15w
Stagg G-310 - i smashed it.
It's an Epi SG Special, I couldn't sell it even if I wanted to.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
My first guitar : yes, it play like crap
My first REAL guitar that I bought(?) myself : hell no , too many memories into it
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
Lol at Bender

Quote by So-Cal

Quote by theguitarist

I got to warn you for spam though...

Quote by Shredoftheday
Nicely put good sir

I witnessed Night Of The Pear 2
Fuck yes, I'm trying to now, I just need a new pickup screw and a soldering iron and it'll be ready to go.

Epi G310 = SHIT
Carvin Tele (11/21/11 )
Epi Sheraton II
Agile AL3100
Fender MIM Strat
Squier Vintage Modified Tele
Epiphone something or other acoustic

Last.FM
No way. Not happening. I'm keeping my first acoustic as a beater and I'm modding my first electric.

Beyond that I plan on having kids someday so having a guitar that can get beat around for them to learn on already at my disposal is a good thing
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
already sold the first guitar i got as a gift, but i bought my first (the rg) and ill never get rid of it unless im trading up for a prestige or something
~Defiant~
I'd say that POS in a heartbeat.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
I would sell mine if it wasn't a total piece of crap and completely worthless.
Yes. Don't miss it, would do it again etc.
Breaking stereotypes by playing indie on a metal guitar.

Current Gear
- Epiphone Les Paul Standard (Plus Top)
- Crappy Strat Copy (Redecorated, looks snazzy)
- Ibanez Acoustic/Electric Guitar
- Ibanez RG1570 Mirage Blue
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Watt
Probably not. I'm too attached to my stuff to sell it off, and well I probably wouldn't be able to sell it for a whole lot either way.
Quote by Perp8tualMotion
Thank you, Red Comet, for restoring a bit of my faith in human kind.
No, seeing as it is a junk first act and I would make 5$ off of it. Besides, I'm smashing the motherfucker at my first gig.
Quote by smb
Freakish mammals bring the end times. It's not even 2012 yet and we're all on the path to extinction. Send cash now to God-TV!
My first guitar isn't worth anything, so no. And my first electric was a MIM Strat and it kicks ass and there's no way I'd ever sell it. Hell, a few years ago I let some guy play it and he offered me $1000 for it and I couldn't do it. My only complaint is that the frets are so small.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Baraga
When i die, i wanna bury it with me

I 2nd this sir
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix (R.I.P.)

"I'd much rather be home playing my guitar"
-Eddie Van Halen
I already did, and yes, it was sad to let it go no matter how much it sucked.
Wave goodbye to the past.
You've got your whole life to lead.

Fender 60's Lacquer Jazzmaster
Schecter C-1+ with SD '59
Egnater Tweaker 15
PolyTune noir
Algal Bloom fuzz
Fingerprint Redux fuzz
Nocturner reverb
Flashback delay
Already did... It was kind of stupid since I only got $60 for it But oh well, I really needed the money.

When I think of all the crap guitars that I have bought, and then sold, I get kind of pissed off thinking that I could have bought a really nice guitar for the same amount of money that I spent to buy all the crappy ones >.<

I still have my second guitar, though. It's even worse than my first one ! It's a Warlock... I plan to paint in neon-green just as a slap in the face to BC Rich for making such terrible instruments.
Last edited by J☺e at Aug 21, 2009,
Absolutely not. It's still my #2 guitar in terms of playing, but I'd even prefer to sell my #1 rather than sell my first.

I've still got my first amp too. It's been sat in the same corner of my bedroom for years, can't bring myself to even move it.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by continental
Yes, it was a P.O.S.

same for me. good riddance
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
Nope! While sentimental value could well be a major reason for that, there's also the fact that its neck is horribly warped (this mutation was most likely the reason it was oh-so-cheap in the dodgy AZN music store) and there are probably countless spider webs covering it by now. Who the heck would want to buy it?! No one sane would.
My first Acoustic, possibly, maybe not for sentimental value, but my first electirc, not a chance. Its a MIM strat that I'm planning on modding a bit, so thatll stay with me a long while
Earlier this year I sold my first guitar, a Fender Prodigy II (HSS), maple fretboard, 22 jumbo frets, black body and black pickguard... It had a Khaler tremolo system.

I got a 250 $ credit towards the purchase of an LTD EC-400VF (Les Paul like with JB/59 pickup combo).

It needed a fret job, and the pickups had surface rust on them... I didn't like the guitar anymore, but I read off the web that the Prodigy is/was a very fine guitar that was made in 1991 and 1992 only. So it's pretty rare. Maybe I should've kept it. Oh well!
EL : Fender Roadhouse Stratocaster - ESP LTD EC-400VF
Amps : Fender DeVille 4x10, Fender Blues Jr, Peavey Bandit 112 Transtube '08
Effects : Digitech RP-500, POD X3, TS9 reissue
AC : Seagull S6, Marshall AS50D amp
I will never sell it. I swapped the bridge pup and the tuning machines, and I always try new stuff on it. It plays so well though, especially for a $300 Ibanez- it isn't hard to keep it relevant.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Page 1 of 3