I've heard some pretty badass sounds out of this half stack. I'm considering buying it. I can get both for just shy under $1000 used (Thank god for used!)

New freakin 5150's are $2,000... good God...

But I'm wondering If I can find a cabinet similar to a ValveKing 412 new or used for possibly cheaper. I would like that size cabinet, but if it's fine just let me know.

I play metal-ish stuff (Silverstein, From Autumn to Ashes, Senses Fail, Godsmack), punk (Green Day, New Found Glory, All Time Low), jazz and blues.

I'd need a noise suppressor as well. Any suggestions on what one?
Peavey cabinets really do suck. I would recommend something from Avatar if you can just get the 5150 head. BTW if you look for the Peavey 5150s/6505s (same amp) used you could save alot of money. A used 5150 would run you about $500-$600 US.
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
The Valveking speakers are among the worst that Peavey makes. If you can, try to get it without the cab and get an Avatar, Vader, Lopoline, Mesa or Orange cab. If you're willing to spend more on a cab, also look into Mills Acoustics or Splawn.

Quote by CullenT
BTW if you look for the Peavey 5150s/6505s (same amp) used you could save alot of money. A used 5150 would run you about $500-$600 US.

The Peavey and EVH 5150 are completely different.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The guy I was talking to has a friend that uses an Avatar and he's not a huge fan of it. So I wasn't really sure.

There's an EVH 5150 being sold in my area right now for $650. Sucks that I have to skip out on it for now >_<

But depending on the idiot, I could probably get one cheaper.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by Raijouta
The Valveking speakers are among the worst that Peavey makes. If you can, try to get it without the cab and get an Avatar, Vader, Lopoline, Mesa or Orange cab. If you're willing to spend more on a cab, also look into Mills Acoustics or Splawn.

I always forget about that little caveat
GAS LIST

Z.Vex SHO
AnalogMan Stereo Chorus
Barber Tone Press
Way Huge Supa Puss
Wait a minute.

The traditional 5150 is often considered an EVH 5150. It is made by Peavey.

The new 5150 III is made by Fender and rebranded under Eddie's brand - EVH.

Which one are you talking about r0ckth3d34n ?

OK. I'm assuming you are talking about a used 5150 from Peavey and a Valveking 412 cab from Peavey for about $1,000 total?

Like Raijouta said, don't get a Valveking cab. That's probably the worst cab you could get. Personally, I'd get an Avatar 212. They are made well and you can almost get one new with your budget. The speakers that are in the cabs you look at are more important than the brand and other things. Use Craigslist.

Edit: slow posting ftl
Quote by Raijouta

Splawn cabs are only $750, the Mesas are $949 and Mills are the same price, you just gotta pay about $100 in freight. You'd wind up paying slightly less than that if you bought a Mesa cab new at a local store. I'd go for a Splawn cab if you get the EVH and a Mills if you get the Peavey. And yes, the Peavey and EVH are completely different beasts. Fender completely revoiced the 5150 when they started making it.

EDIT: Just realized if you're talking about the Peavey you likely don't have the money for the Mills. Go with what they suggested.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Aug 21, 2009,