http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Schecter-PRS-style-ax-Natural-body-in-walnut-finish_W0QQitemZ160356998436QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Musical_Instruments_Instruments?hash=item2556059d24&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Thinking about getting it, but the head looks different to other ones of the same model I've looked at. The Schecter logo is different and the guitar itself is slightly different.

What do you think?
Ok, that's what I'm hoping for.

What I mean is the ebay picture of the head shows it as being different to this

But the more research I do, the more I find like the one in the ebay link I posted so I'm a little confused.
Quote by aBONiE
Well, Musician's Friend pictures the same headstock, so I'd say it's as legit as it gets.

No it doesn't. It's different.

And yeah, I've been thinking it's something to do with the year as well.
Quote by fretsonfire74

Pictures on MF hardly ever tell you what the guitar actually looks like, There mainly stock photos taken by the company of one of the first of the guitars produced, so the model you get usually looks different. It's always good to search for pics that people have posted of there own instruments.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by fretsonfire74

That Musicians Friend photo has the same headstock, how is it different?
Cam Sampbell's my hero
how is it different, the only thing different is that the picture you posted on here the guitar is at a slight right facing angle so the curves at the bottom of the headstock look misshapen. it looks fine
~Defiant~
There is a slight difference actually. The font on the ebay one seems to be bigger, than on the MF one.
Quote by biga29
Pictures on MF hardly ever tell you what the guitar actually looks like, There mainly stock photos taken by the company of one of the first of the guitars produced, so the model you get usually looks different. It's always good to search for pics that people have posted of there own instruments.

I have, that's why I'm a bit confused because I find some that look like the one I'm thinking of getting, and other don't.

Quote by Lil Macker
That Musicians Friend photo has the same headstock, how is it different?

It's the same shape, but the font is different and it has Diamond Series written in the middle of the headstock in between where the strings go.

Quote by aBONiE
There is a slight difference actually. The font on the ebay one seems to be bigger, than on the MF one.

The one on ebay is almost the old english font from MS word, but the one on MF is the almost fender-esque spaghetti font.
Ask the seller which year it's from, that may get you something...

Also, the seller has 200 rep, with a single neutral comment saying that although the item (a Palm Pilot dealio) was faulty, it was refunded. The rest of the comments are positive. The seller seems good
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I know what that is (for once)!!! It's a 2004 Omen 6. The finish has been discontinued.

2003 was the last year of stopbar Omen's... It's legit. I've played one. Freaking awesome.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I know what that is (for once)!!! It's a 2004 Omen 6. The finish has been discontinued.

2003 was the last year of stopbar Omen's... It's legit. I've played one. Freaking awesome.

BS. my Schecter looks EXACTLY like that. same finish, same logo placement, same bridge. it's the newer '08s or '09s.

EDIT: and TS, to answer your question, it is legit. i just dont know the convertion from AU $$$ to US $$$. i got mine for $250 (after haggling) for new.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Last edited by randomhero93 at Aug 21, 2009,
They've changed the headstock on different years....Awhile back it was with/without (don't remember) the ugly Diamond series logo and some years the other one.
Gear
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
1967 Ventura Les Paul Copy
Marshall JCM 2000 Dual Super Lead
I have a better question for you... Why in the hell would somebody fake a guitar that is THAT cheap in the first place?
Quote by Killedelphia19
I have a better question for you... Why in the hell would somebody fake a guitar that is THAT cheap in the first place?

Just makes it that much easier to sell... I'm truly amazed when people ask questions like this, though it's usually in regards to a possibly fake Epiphone.
I'm skeptical, the pickups look different from the Musician's Friend version though
Quote by Baraga
The headstock... shouldnt the "Diamond Seres" Logo be beween the heads?

this is the newer version, i have this very guitar and bought it new. mine's an '08 and the logo is at the top of the headstock in that design.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"