Would just like some ideas, I really can't think of any ways to add onto this.
Attachments:
awesomeriff.gp4
awesomeriff.gp5
AWESOME.mid
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Last edited by TonyIommi2557 at Aug 21, 2009,
Most certainly sounds like an intro.

Maybe come up with something that can serve as a main theme and can be used as a chorus?
The lives of thousands in my hands
I’ve come to take back what’s rightfully mine and now you’re damned
The lights grow dark in their homes
But our road is lit by fire from the sky
So we push forward

Last.fm
Quote by Msu_Man04
My Guitar Pro won't play the file, for some reason. A message box comes up, then it won't play.

Midi coming right up!
Quote by LukeElliff
IF you want faster stumming then loosen your strings, that will force you into using more strength

Quote by pantallica95
i dont know about the polarity and ****, but my regular ones just wont go in the hole without a lot of force.
Quote by Msu_Man04
My Guitar Pro won't play the file, for some reason. A message box comes up, then it won't play.

same with me, try the gp4 one that worked.

yeh that sounds like an intro the way you bring in the drums, the riff is cool so all you need to do is get into the main body of the song now

oh and could you check out my tab i need to expand as well

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1187130
Quote by Msu_Man04

Had the same problem. GP4 worked though.

Anyway, those half step riffs like that tend to not want to move around much, but what you can do is move the riff to an entirely different key. I did a quick and dirty example of this.

But anyway, this is the kind of riff that you can really milk if you've got a good melody over it.
Attachments:
awesomeriff-1.gp5
Quote by icronic
Had the same problem. GP4 worked though.

Anyway, those half step riffs like that tend to not want to move around much, but what you can do is move the riff to an entirely different key. I did a quick and dirty example of this.

But anyway, this is the kind of riff that you can really milk if you've got a good melody over it.

Tried adding a melody, tell me what you think.
Attachments:
awesomeriff-1.gp5
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Bump.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
Careful with the bumping, I guess it's against the rules here.

Nice riff.
About the melody, just an idea: using just octaves doesn't add too much to it, try to break them with added dominants (5th note of the scale) and/or mediants (3rd note of the scales) or even other notes.
Quote by atira
Careful with the bumping, I guess it's against the rules here.

Nice riff.
About the melody, just an idea: using just octaves doesn't add too much to it, try to break them with added dominants (5th note of the scale) and/or mediants (3rd note of the scales) or even other notes.

Whoops, my bad.

I don't know if it'll be just as noticeable when actually played, but I liked how the last 3-4 notes harmonizer with the power chords, I thought that sounded pretty wicked.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95
well, here's my rendition

I really like it, it definitely rocks.
Try to put a few slides in your melody track and have it play a bit more than octaves.
Attachments:
awesomeriff-1.gp5
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Quote by thorbor
well, here's my rendition

I really like it, it definitely rocks.
Try to put a few slides in your melody track and have it play a bit more than octaves.

The only real difference I notice is that in the last bar of the main riff, you raise the 5th by a half step the 2nd time it's played, and that one of the octaves is slid down at a point; I like.

I think I make too much of an issue of only composing the bare basics of my tracks, and when I actually play them, I toy around with them a ton.
Quote by LukeElliff

Quote by pantallica95