damn it sucks, it takes me sooo long to get one note down, i need to count up the lines and find the note. has anyone here actually got any tips?

i dont know what the cymbols are either (hammer on, pull off, bend.)
ive learned some stuff by tab and alot by ear now a days :/

now its on to the dredded music sheets.
"Been Dazed And Confused For So0 LoNg ItZ n0T Tru3"

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Music sheet takes time to learn to read. Remember the middle line (assuming you're on treble clef) is B. From there, it's honestly just repetition and familiarization. Read lots and lots of music. Notate things you play in standard notation. Sight read things. Get as much under your belt as possible.
Last edited by timeconsumer09 at Aug 21, 2009,
I play in band, so I find it easy to read music, but I find tabs easier and more user-friendly than actual sheet music.

Honestly, just make tabs out of the sheet music.
Quote by BobDetroit
Directions:
Unplug keyboard.
Place it in your butt so you can't post anymore.

Quote by Fadetoblack5:03
You deserve some form of awesome reward, but I'm to lazy. Imagine the rest of these:

^^ i've not read a tab for 3 month and intend to keep it going. im wanting to read actual music, the language around the world used for alot of instruments.

also, im in a few bands at this moment. all which are "informal" per say.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
It takes lots and lots of practice every single day. After a month or two you won't have that much trouble reading slowly, but sight reading is a different story
sight reading will probably take years.
im not to fussed, i have plenty of time.

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Quote by neo14085
damn it sucks, it takes me sooo long to get one note down, i need to count up the lines and find the note. has anyone here actually got any tips?

i dont know what the cymbols are either (hammer on, pull off, bend.)
ive learned some stuff by tab and alot by ear now a days :/

now its on to the dredded music sheets.

get yourself a method book. Be patient, and don't look at it as a chore. Try to have fun with it.
shred is gaudy music
Quote by neo14085
sight reading will probably take years.
im not to fussed, i have plenty of time.

Start with reading simple sheets. Try reading mary had a little lamb in a key you aren't familiar with. Twinkle, twinkle, little star anyone? Easy songs are the way to go when you're first learning. Don't expect to sight-read a jazz sheet in your first week, just start with simple things and it will come fast.
Standard notation is rife with things that make it difficult to read; you just have to practice if you want to get it down.
try to tackle the whole song at once, don't get bogged down with perfecting one bar at a time .
take this example.

here we have two staves joined by vertical bar lines ,which mean that this music is written for 2 instruments at once.
let's say you want to start to learn the top stave 1st.

notate the rhythm

the 1 st question is "do you want to start with the melody or rhythm ?"
if we start with the rhythm ,you will ideally need to notate the rhythm on a separate piece of paper.
its really easy just draw 1 horizontal line with a ruler and place the note head on that line .
once you have done this try clapping through the whole piece if you make a mistake keep going .

tackle the melody
next up, to tackle the melody , re-write the piece with just semi breves on the 1st beat of the bar , the 1st three bars in this piece have the notes G,G and then B , once again when you have written out the whole piece or at least , a phrase then play through it .

the range of pitches
a good step next is to work out the range of pitches,
this one goes from G above middle C , to a C note 2 octaves above middle C in Bar 7 ,
if you play the G , as an open string you will need to move up the neck to reach the high C , but if you play the G on the 10th fret of the A string you can play the whole piece with out moving too far, if at all.

further questions ?
this should keep you going for a while if you have any further questions or comments you can contact me through my profile/website if you wish .
Last edited by ibanez1511 at Aug 22, 2009,
thats great stuff, im kind of busy at the moment but i will be sure to takle that thing ^^

thanks alot, added in case i need further help

Fender LoneStar Strat.
Peavy VYPYR.
Em i presume you know the rhyme for the lines and spaces!? If not . . .

F A C E < Are the Spaces F Being the first space betweent the first two lines!(XP It spells face)

Every Good Boy Deserves Fun < Take the first letter of each word and that is the name of the line! E Is the first line!

After that! . . its just a matter of knowing them! Good luck!