Page 1 of 2
To my surprise I search bared looking for a line 6 thread and there wasn't one! So I decided to make one I own a line 6 and well I don't like the company does make some good equipment and is good with effects so who here owns a line 6?
EDIT: there's going to be amp info coming soon I don't have the time right now but I'll get around to it.
Last edited by Ponyexpress at Aug 22, 2009,
Cool I have line 6 spider 111 15 watt with a Bosso me 20 Wah pedal with it.
this is going to be a closed in about 20 minutes. i smell a flame war
Gear

Epiphone Les paul
Vox ac50cp2
Ibanez s520ex
Squire Jazzbass
Quote by bumblu1

There doesn't have to be flaming yes Line 6 Spider III's suck but Line six makes some good equipment and deserves it's own thread. It's not fair that other companys get there own threads and line 6 doesn't.
Quote by sbinlb
their amps suck but their effect pedals are very good

Why is every hating line 6 ? their amps are good
Quote by sbinlb
their amps suck

No they don't... The SPIDERS suck ... that doesn't mean the rest of the amps do. They have really nice amps actually, and get off the bandwagon. The Vettas, Flextones, Spider Valves, etc. and the majority of their amps are good amps they just get hate because of the spiders.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
I'm tired of the hating on the Spider III's. I have a Spider III 15 watt amp and it's great. I agree though that the distortion on it is horrible! But it's got some fine cleans if I say so myself. I can get full luscious cleans out of this thing. The onboard distortion is very muddy, but it has a nice crunch if you leave the Gain under 9:00. The modulation effects are great. The reverb along with the chorus give me my amazing cleans. And I don't know why people think that pedals don't work good on modeling amps... I am using a Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal pedal through it and it sounds like I am playing a tube amp (As long as the pedal's setting is on Pulverize) I have nothing against this amp except the distortion, other than that, it is amazing. Especially for the price, now that it's only $70 or so, it's a steal. Distortion and Overdrive pedals sound great through these things, so stop hating on them!
Quote by bumblu1

Quote by timi_hendrix
This is going to be carnage.

This.

EDIT: For the record, The Vetta's are awsome amps, played one at guitar center, and it was suprisingly awesome. Sounded tube like at times.
Last edited by whitenihilist at Aug 21, 2009,
Quote by macfreak1
I'm tired of the hating on the Spider III's.

I'm not hating on them... They're good practice amps (i might pick one up) but they sound horrible at high volumes.... Most of the time. The 15s and 30s are good but the higher watt ones... not so much.

I did hear an amazing clean tone through a Spider halfstack not long ago also.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Someone should probably create "The Line 6 Thread for non-Spider Owners"

The Spider owners are in a league of their own
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
This thread is actually surprisingly civilized. I clicked expecting flaming galore. I commend you all.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
This thread is actually surprisingly civilized. I clicked expecting flaming galore. I commend you all.

To make it easier on themselves the mods decided to ban everyone who didn't own a Spider III and just get it over with.
Even if your new thread was on Dr. Z it wouldn't matter. Your OP sucked. If you're going to make a thread like this at least provide some info on the amps/effects, URL links, pics, discussion points, and warnings for those that spam and flame. Get a moderator to at least acknowledge and advise on your plan.

Otherwise this = fail.

inb4close
Quote by BobDetroit
To make it easier on themselves the mods decided to ban everyone who didn't own a Spider III and just get it over with.

That would explain it. And TS, listen to 311.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Spider IVs are supposed to be significantly better then the earlier ones. I haven't heard one in person though.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Even if your new thread was on Dr. Z it wouldn't matter. Your OP sucked. If you're going to make a thread like this at least provide some info on the amps/effects, URL links, pics, discussion points, and warnings for those that spam and flame. Get a moderator to at least acknowledge and advise on your plan.

Otherwise this = fail.

inb4close

For reals, get some info down, OP
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
I'm not a big fan of their amps. I've played a Spider II & III, and they were annoying. The Spider was kind of glitchy, too. I've played a Flextone III, and it was pretty meh.

However, their Verbzilla pedal sounds amazing (at least based off of some Youtube clips).
I have a Spider III 75 watt.. 2nd amp I've ever had. It's now sitting next to my brand new Marshall MG100..

I enjoyed the Spider III. Was it the best? Hell no.. Did it do the job? Hell yes.
Quote by 001 jigsaw
I have a Spider III 75 watt.. 2nd amp I've ever had. It's now sitting next to my brand new Marshall MG100..

I enjoyed the Spider III. Was it the best? Hell no.. Did it do the job? Hell yes.

You're just asking to be flamed.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

The Flexwaves, the Vettas, and the Axsys/Ax2 were/are all great amps. Hopefully the Spider 4 will be redeeming.
'89 MIJ Fender Strat
Rivera S-120
'60s PEPCO Model 211 5w head
'60s Paul (Pepco) 1x12 tube amp
'60s Harmony H303a 1x10 tube amp
Quote by Tap597
Why is every hating line 6 ? their amps are good

They don't know any better. I own the spider3 150 watts head and 4x12 cab at 320 watts capacity and i am still amazed with the sounds that come's out of it.Others amps are fine too but people are electronicly racist when it comes to the spider line. especially on UG forums and that is not cool at all. the slackadjuster
i drool over the Vettas
Quote by slickerthnsleek
YOU WIN THE INTERNET.
Quote by dxpaintball8000
long live bucketmark.
Quote by no.mop

you are so funny and right
Seriously? I can't believe no one's flamed anyone yet. There have been 2 awesome chances.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I too own the Spider III 150 half stack and I love it to death. I think maybe people that have only tested them haven't given the time to get to know them. I feel like I can get anything I want out of this amp. The fbv floorboard helps a ton too. I think people just like the brands they like and enjoy drama, so that's that.
*personal stickied*

I use the UX2 to record, and I am saving up for a Vetta head with Longboard and almost there.

The DL4, FM4, and MM4 are amazing pedals.
Quote by xXfeAzyXx
I too own the Spider III 150 half stack and I love it to death. I think maybe people that have only tested them haven't given the time to get to know them. I feel like I can get anything I want out of this amp. The fbv floorboard helps a ton too. I think people just like the brands they like and enjoy drama, so that's that.

I'm thinking of getting a Spider III 150 212 for practice. I think there is one for like $300 which I think is a bargain.
Quote by macfreak1
I'm tired of the hating on the Spider III's. I have a Spider III 15 watt amp and it's great. I agree though that the distortion on it is horrible! But it's got some fine cleans if I say so myself. I can get full luscious cleans out of this thing. The onboard distortion is very muddy, but it has a nice crunch if you leave the Gain under 9:00. The modulation effects are great. The reverb along with the chorus give me my amazing cleans. And I don't know why people think that pedals don't work good on modeling amps... I am using a Line 6 Tonecore Uber Metal pedal through it and it sounds like I am playing a tube amp (As long as the pedal's setting is on Pulverize) I have nothing against this amp except the distortion, other than that, it is amazing. Especially for the price, now that it's only $70 or so, it's a steal. Distortion and Overdrive pedals sound great through these things, so stop hating on them!

I have the same amp, and so far I am pretty happy with it. I was thinking about selling it just because of all the haters. I feel that I shouldn't be caught using it or something. I'm keeping it tho.

How does that pedal sound through it? Give me some details please, I might buy one!
Quote by no.mop

did I say I owned only a spider?
besides the spider II's aren't that bad they are actually quite good.
Quote by mmolteratx

thanks that is the way we would like to keep this it would be really unfair to line 6 if this thread got closed
I just had to add to this growing thread.
I HATE the Spider Valve amps. In my opinion, the only thing that made them sound good was the Celestion Vintage 30 speakers they used (those speakers make ANYTHING sound good).

That said I do have a Pod X3 Live that I actually play live with.
I run the pod into the effects loop of my Carvin Tube amp and then control the volume with the master volume on the Pod. It sounds absolutely incredible and I get many compliments and questions about my tone. It also helps that I have a really great sounding 4x12 cabinet.

If I run the POD straight into the front of the Carvin, it sounds horrible.

It's important to know how to use a POD correctly. Otherwise they can damage your tone more then they can improve it.

I'm cannot remember if the older Pod XT Live (I used to own one) has an effects loop but the newer X3 live does. Running a simple tube preamp in this effects loop helps IMMENSELY. Just make sure that the effects loop is in the 'pre' position and not the 'post'.

It may seem like alot of work, but this type of setup doesn't just get me one great tone, it gets me dozens. This setup not only gets me the sound but the correct 'feel' of each tube amp I'm modeling.
1979 Gibson Les Paul Silverburst
James Tyler Variax JTV89
Schecter C1 Classic
Ibanez RG520QS
Greg Bennett Torino TR4

Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier
GSP1101 & Pod X3 Pro
Peavey 5150 & JSX
Bugera 6262 & 333XL
Carvin V3
Spider Valve HD100
Last edited by theraven871 at Aug 22, 2009,
Quote by sbinlb
their SPIDER amps suck but their effect pedals are very good

Fixed.

I gots me a FlextoneIII Plus. Works great for just about everything. Actually played its 10th gig last night. The one bad thing about bars is the change in people... some people are really digging what you're playing, and some aren't. Oh well. That's how it goes I guess
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by Ponyexpress
There doesn't have to be flaming yes Line 6 Spider III's suck but Line six makes some good equipment and deserves it's own thread. It's not fair that other companys get there own threads and line 6 doesn't.

it's not fair that other company's threads have actual information.

if you;re going to start a thread, take the first couple of posts to post information regarding amps, effects, technologies, etc. not just a paragraph explaining nothing.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Aug 22, 2009,
Page 1 of 2