I've searched and not come up with quite what I was looking for on this one (sorry for the cliche)...

I know when tuning down with a Floyd Rose style trem you need to adjust the springs, but is this necessary for a fairly small tuning change such as to drop D or half a step?
It's not really if your doing it for just playing a song or two but keep in mind it still will take you awhile to get it in tune.
My Gear:
Jackson DK2M
PRS Paul Allender Sig
Epiphone SG Special
Fender Blues Jr.
Roland Micro Cube
Nah.
I've done it before, all i had to do was re-tune the guitar once
Quote by Nietsche
Don't drive. Stay in doors in a padded sterilised germ free room with a strait jacket eating vitamin pills at the appropriate intervals

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/ipayformusic

Quote by cptcomet
Weird Kid: Do you play by ear?

Me: No, I play by hand.
I tune my floyd rose between drop and standard all the time, works just fine. And it's not even an original.
i usualy adjust my springs...but thats beacuase im a perfectionist....drop D shouldnt do too much

Eb, well i just tunned mine from E to Eb...u might wanna adjust it a bit
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Thanks folks. I don't mind going through the normal Floyd tuning carry on, but I probably couldn't be bothered if I had to completely change the set up every time I wanted a small change.

EDIT:

Quote by fretsofthebeast
i usualy adjust my springs...but thats beacuase im a perfectionist....drop D shouldnt do too much

Eb, well i just tunned mine from E to Eb...u might wanna adjust it a bit

I'll keep that in mind. Cheers.
Last edited by lyonk55 at Aug 21, 2009,
i can do from standard to drop d using the fine tuners, not sure if thats good for it, but if it works ....
~Defiant~
Quote by Aurex
i can do from standard to drop d using the fine tuners, not sure if thats good for it, but if it works ....

I actually gave that a shot, but there just wasn't enough space to get to D, just a horribly flat D#.
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
Install a D-Tuna?

Yeah, there's always the D-Tuna for drop-tunings.

If you're tuning a half-step down, you may want to adjust the springs a bit, depending on how level you want your bridge unit.
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera