I recently was given an old Ibanez EX series body, neck and floyd rose by the guitarist I tech for. My problem is he stripped it for alot of parts. I have a newer Ibanez Gio I am planning to use parts from.

Basically its a HB/SC/HB 5 way selector, and 1 tone 1 volume pots missing. Im planning to use the humbuckers from my Gio and I have a single from an older guitar thats broken that I was going to use. But Im not sure if I can use the pots from the Gio. Would anyone know if it needs 250k or 500k pots or both?

Finally I also need to know what all I need for wiring (capacitors, what gauge wire, sheilding, etc) and would like to know how to wire it with a selection to use both humbuckers at once. (Ive never wired a guitar before)

Can anyone help?
Last edited by LaughNGetHigh at Aug 21, 2009,
your a guitar teceh and you dont know how to wire?

what do you do then?

or did you mean, Teach?...
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
I string his guitars, set up his amp and cabs, adjust eq and settings, hand the guitars to him at the appropriate times. All he does is walk in and play. But he builds his guitars the way he wants. Ive never watched
Quote by LaughNGetHigh
I string his guitars, set up his amp and cabs, adjust eq and settings, hand the guitars to him at the appropriate times. All he does is walk in and play. But he builds his guitars the way he wants. Ive never watched

then you arent a tech. i believe the term here would be roadie or gig monkey.

check the wiring thread. you'll figure out what you need pretty easily by perusing it.
your just the EQ guy the sound technitian/roadie. just do some research look up wiring diagram and learn how the eletricity flows and ect. for the cap i would use a .47uf cap, im asuming you will buy pickups for it get dimarzio super distortion in the bridge and a PAF pro in the neck the highest output true single coil dimarzio has. and for pots just 500k ohms or higher if you want? it's easiest to mod while your making it.
Quote by ninjasnpirates
thats not really teching for. teching would be if you set up all the above, set up with guitar, raise/lower action all that teching stuff. ya know

Indeed. I was confused at first when I got to the line "Ive never wired a guitar before."
"A dog returns to its own vomit"
Guys it's beyond the point whether or not this guy is a legitimate guitar tech or whatever, he needs help with wiring.
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.