Okay, in a recent deal I made, I got rid of an RP250 that I never use in order to get a really nice pair of Seymour Duncan pickups, never used. I got them today, and started checking around all the info I can in order to install them into my currently HSS strat (keeping the stock as the middle pickup, and putting the new SD Custom in the bridge and my new SD 59 in the neck). I new i'd have to get a new pickguard, but unfortunately to my dismay i have found that only MIA strats are HSH compatable. Now, i could expand the neck pickup cavity without much major issue, but the biggest concern right now is the electronics. If the strat's body wasnt able to have HSH configuration without modification, would I have to modify the selector switch or some other electronic as well? i would think not, since I'm not doing anything fancy like Coil Tapping of phasing. But if the body wasnt set for HSH, i'm not entirely sure if the electronics are either. So please: besides a new pickguard and expanding the neck pickup cavity is there anything else i'd have to do in order to have my new pickups installed on my piece of crap guitar? That way I know whether or not I can get it expanded and just have it installed with the other one, or if I have to wait until I have the money to get new electronics as well.

as a note: please don't mock this. I may have been playing for a while, but this is the first major enhancement I've done to any of my 2 crappy guitars, and instead of pulling off the pickguard and poking around inside to make sure, I trusted what I found off this site and off the Fender site about Strats being HSH compatable. Nothing that I found said it was just the Strats made in america...
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!
Quote by sbinlb
you should change the pots to 500k

come again? I am a novice at the inner workings of the guitar, so could you explain what that is?
"its true that we dont know what weve got untill we loose it but its also true that we dont know what weve been missing until it arrives"
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke
This is amazing advice. You sir, Mr.LeadGuitar, are the god of the Bandleading forum.

In Rhode Island? Join!
Quote by 3BlindMyceZeke

In Rhode Island? Join!