When I strum an open string I hear a buzzing sound coming from the nut. It's on the Low E, A, D & a little bit on the G. I changed the strings & it still does that sound
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
Fret buzz
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
Quote by stompbox
strings are to low or your neck is not stright

How do I fix it?
A good song should make you wanna tap your foot and get with your girl. A great song should destroy cop cars and set fire to the suburbs. I'm only interested in writing great songs.
check the neck releif. buzzing is caused by the strings being too close to the frets. that is affected by the bridge height and the neck straightness (or actually lack there of technically , its called relief) assuming you didnt take out your bridge and sand it down to lower the action neck warpage is probably the issue. just adjust the truss rod untill you get the apropriate relief or have a tech do it for you if youre not comfortable with the procedure or dont have the tools.
http://frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Setup/BuzzDiagnosis/buzzintro.html

^Copy/paste to your url bar thing. Sorry for no hyperlink but the UG hyperlinks for that aren't working right now and I don't remember what the code is.

Its the Frets.com Buzz Diagnosis section. It'll give you exactly what you're looking for, guaranteed.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray