More than loud enough to do a small gig with. Judging from it's user reviews it's going to be a Keeper. Love the simple controls on it.
If you start a reply with: I have never played one but I have heard good things about it! Your opinion is invalid.
plenty loud enough to keep up with a drummer and bassist at a gig. unless your bassist has some ungodly monolith looking stack or something.
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I was thinking quiet actually :P

No such thing.

If a 40 watt tube amp is getting drowned out your band is playing way too loud.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
No such thing.

If a 40 watt tube amp is getting drowned out your band is playing way too loud.

This. I can't think of a situation where the volume wouldn't cut it. It's a fantastic amp TS, if you're into the whole hot rodded Marshall thing and takes quite a bit less time to dial in than other Boogies.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'm playing mainly in my basement with my parents in the floor above - I'm just a little worried it'll blow the roof off! The other amp I'm looking at is the 5:25 - any opinions on that one?
The 5:25 won't be much quiter and I much prefer the tone of the Electra Dyne. If you're mainly playing in your basement, I'd get probably a Blackstar HT-5 or Cornford Harlequin if you're in the UK. And if you're in the UK I can't recommend you getting a Boogie. They're much too expensive there.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I'm looking at Boogies because I have a chance of getting one in the UK - and yes, the 5:25 will be a LOT quieter in 5 watt mode :P
Quote by SwampAshSpecial
I'm looking at Boogies because I have a chance of getting one in the UK - and yes, the 5:25 will be a LOT quieter in 5 watt mode :P

But won't sound half as good.

The Express series aren't even good for the price they cost in the US. In Europe, you'd be getting raped for the tone that comes out of that thing...
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by SwampAshSpecial

Only half as loud. If you're dead set on getting a Mesa go for the Electra Dyne over the 5:25, it still sounds good at low volumes, just not as kickass.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

What's an Electradyne cost in the UK? I'd imagine it's pretty expensive. If I was you I'd be looking at british high end brands like cornford, Hiwatt, etc. Better bang for the buck.

The 5:25 blows. It does not stand up to other amps in it's price range.
I don't give a shit if you listen to me or not
Quote by Kevin Saale
What's an Electradyne cost in the UK? I'd imagine it's pretty expensive. If I was you I'd be looking at british high end brands like cornford, Hiwatt, etc. Better bang for the buck.

The 5:25 blows. It does not stand up to other amps in it's price range.

I already suggested the Cornford but he seems dead set on the Boogie. We forgot to ask what you play though TS. It would help us alot if you answered these.

Budget?
Style?
Gig or no?
Willing to go used?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

ok, my budget is a hard one - I guess $2000,(£1200) at the very most but preferabl no more than £1000 ($1700)
Style is everything from blues to metal
small gigs
yes

on the other hand, someone recommended a Mesa Rect-O-Verb on another forum. I tried a Cornford - not what I was looking for. I like boogies because IMO, PRS + Mesa = heaven :P

I'm playing a PRS Swamp Ash Special thru a VOX AD30VT atm (yes, I know, I've been looking for a new amp for a long time but I'm trying to find the perfect thing.

A lot of people recommend Mesa very highly, and if I have a chance of getting one at USA Prices (which I porbably will), I would jump on it!
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

I am definitely going for a rectoverb - I would have gone for the one you posted a link to, but I am on holiday in Canada atm and by the time I wake up bidding will be over. Thanks for helping!
If you like the Electra Dyne, get the Electradyne. Because any tube amp is going to be loud, anyway.

Also: Look into Laney.